Purpose and Objectives of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy service is to support and strengthen the MoE’s effort for the COVID 19 response through the provision of technology-supported teaching-learning process. The objective of this assignment is to provide technical support to the Ministry of Education in the preparation of Communication strategies for COVID 19 which will promote and support the MoE’s overall COVID 19 response.
Specific activities and tasks
• Develop Human-Interest stories including films that communicate key messages to children, teachers, families, and other stakeholders related to the COVID 19 education response.
• Lead the development of key messages to different stakeholders related to COVID 19 in the education sector
• Support the development of communication materials, spots, brochures using appropriate channels to deliver the key messages
• Coordinate with the Ministry of Health to get up to date information on COVID19 and disseminate the information to teachers, students, and families
• Support the coordination of the communication activities with the other Sector Ministries (e.g FMoH) to integrate messages and common use of available platforms
• Summarize new studies and findings in relation to COVID 19 and education impact and disseminate the information through appropriate channels
• Develop and disseminate visibility and promotional materials for effective prevention of COVID 19 virus aimed at students, teachers, and parents.
• Coordinate with the MoH and with different media streams to communicate psychosocial support programs appropriate for teachers and students
• Coordinate with the MoE different directorates to document the effectiveness of the MoE COVID 19 response
• Design and implement a strategy for parents to receive guidance on how to communicate with children about learning and COVID-19
• Advise on strategies to ensure parents receive materials and guidance (on communication) to enable learning at home during COVID-19 period
• Provide communication support to the Back to School Campaign when schools re-open
• Monitor the proper implementation of the communication strategy, action plan, IEC
materials distribution plan and guidelines
• 6 Human-interest stories/films produced communicating key messages to children, teachers, families, and other stakeholders related to the COVID 19 education response. One per Month.
• Approved key messages developed and disseminated to children, teachers, families, and other stakeholders Month 1-2
• Communication materials, spots, brochures developed to communicate the key messages from the MoE. Month 1-3
• Effective coordination platform developed with regional stakeholders and other communication focal points. Month 1-2
• Coordination mechanism established with other sectors including the MoH for a coordinated COVID 19 communication approach. Month 1-2
• Psychosocial support programs communicated and disseminated to students, teachers and families Month 3
• Guidance for parents and teachers on how to support children on the prevention of COVID 19 and supporting children on online learning prepared and disseminated Month #3
• Guidance to education stakeholders on how to protect children online and prevent online
bullying and other harmful effects on children during COVID 19 crisis. Month 2-4
• Monitoring reports on the implementation of communication strategies developed and corrective action points provided to the MoE management. Month 2,4, 6
• Communication plan for the Back to School Campaign Developed Month 5
• Overall results of the MoE education response documented and communicated to stakeholders through a monthly report. One per Month and final report for month 6.
• Degree level qualification in Journalist and Communication, Ethiopia Language (s) and Literature and related social studies area of qualification and specialization.
• Minimum of 4 – 6 years working experience in communication and or strategy development
• Demonstrated experience in the field of communication and media preferably in the education sector.
• Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with the decentralized system of education and of the whole governance in Ethiopia.
• Excellent ability to collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy
• Excellent communication (written and oral), negotiation, and other human relations skills;
• Advanced computer literacy expected in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
• Excellent spoken and written Amharic and English language
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through the ethiojobs portal or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Those who prefer to apply in person may submit CV along with supporting documents to our head office located on Bole road, Behind DH Geda Tower.
For more information, please call at +251 11618 65 20 or visit https://abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list