As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 04 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP).
We are currently looking for the following professional:
Establish functional accountability system; Receive, record, track and respond to feedbacks and complaints come from the community through hotline number, assessments(PDMs), interviews, FGDs, face to face interview; Manage CFRM database and prepare monthly update
Objective 1: Respond hotline phone for feedback and complain of beneficiaries
– Pick and respond any in-call to the hotline
– Fill in the logbook/database
– Ensure to follow procedure based on SOP of phone
– Develop sense of ownership for beneficiaries while using phone (by showing empathy, greeting, responding call politely, communicate all beneficiary in the same way by understanding their feeling)
– Prioritize, identify and categorize level of beneficiaries’ feedback and complain
– Ensure privacy of any information
– Ensure the data registered in feedback format is similar with CFRM database (All beneficiary details and other information are reflect in the format and the database).
– Ensure presence of hot number on any posters, entitlement banners, billboard and other IEC materials printed and used at the base
Objective 2 : Implement and facilitate effective accountability system
– Ensure beneficiaries get a clear, timely and relevant information about Action Against Hunger projects
– Ensure beneficiaries and communities participation in assessment, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Action Against Hunger projects
– Ensure targeting criteria, entitlement banner and other relevant information are delivered ahead of any distribution
– Ensure and conduct PDM with the MEAL specialist in two weeks’ time of any distribution.
– Ensure proper budget is allocated for accountability training, PDM and quarterly accountability assessment
– Collect recommendation from beneficiaries and staffs for all new listening systems and ensure presence of compliance tracker, update and compile it per site/camps, groups and topics.
– participate and support all emplaced feedback and compliance systems across the base
– Conduct and participate quarter FGD and KII with beneficiaries and staffs
– Keep records of all minutes of meetings related to accountability activity/meeting
– Develop tools needed for data collection based on needs and feedback from camp managers and train staff on use of the tools.
– Ensure recording of all data safely and archive soft/hard copies.
– Develop assessments based on emplaced feedback system using Kobo and ensure to fill and compile all data.
– Update CFRM data base if needed and ensure presence of all data in CFRM
Objective 3: Analyse and compile beneficiary feedback:
– Analyze and forward all SEA timely for responsive body
– Develop analytical report timely by prioritizing feedback and complains
– Review and compile weekly and monthly accountability report based on feedback and compliance received based on priority (CFRM database)
– Ensure the quality of CFRM data
Objective 4: Reporting to MEAL and coordination office
– Share all generated accountability related report for responsible body
Objective 5. Represent the organization in relation with the project to the local authorities and other partners:
– Represent/upholds the image and value of Action Against Hunger locally whenever requested
– Any other task as requested by MEAL specialist or coordination office
Objective 6: Maintenance of computer and phone
– make phone active at all time or presence of phone battery/charge
– protect and responsible for all organizations property
Additional: Perform any additional task assigned by direct line manager, (N+1) in line with job description and plan of action.
– Mandatory to report if you hear or encounter any case of immorality to the FC ,CD, DCDS, CHRM
Educational background/Level of studies:
– Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, public health officer, Information Technology and Computer Science
– and other related subjects and Degree with 1 year experience or Diploma with 2 years’ experience with related position in INGO’s
Experience and Required skills:
• Practical experience in camp setting is desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee situations.
• Good command of English and Nuer (mandatory).
• Excellent ability to work with MS office specially advanced Excel skill (essential), and Kobo and SPSS (advantageous) certificate
• Training on Core Humanitarian Standard is desirable
Hardworking, Attention to detail, Good capacity to work in a team, Flexibility.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Accountability Officer – Gambella” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
- Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): or
- Through www.ethiojobs.net ; or
- Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger Gambella office ;
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.