Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an international NGOs, based in Italy, established in 1950 with the aim of supporting developing countries in their effort to build sustainable and accessible health systems. The organization’s mission is to reduce the needless loss of lives in development and emergency contexts caused by lack of effective health care, and to contribute to improve health outcomes among the most vulnerable group of the population focusing on Mothers, newborns and children.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is working in Oromia, SNNP, Amhara, and Gambella region as well as Addis Ababa town Administration and currently stated working in Somali Region supporting both hosting and refugee communities with An emergency and developmental Health interventions.
Project “From emergency to resilience: Integrated path in support of vulnerable populations, refugees, displaced persons and residents in the neighboring areas of Aw-Bere and Bokolmayo (Somali Regional State) – REVERSE” – AID 012014/01
Type of Employment: one year (June 2021 – May 2022) with a possibility of extension – 60 days probation
Reports to: Senior Health Officer /Country Administrator
- Checks all payment documents, payment checks, etc. for budget and other related issues prior to the project manager’s approval.
- Requests fund transfer from the Head Office on time.
- Prepare monthly payroll, severance, annual bonus and other benefits.
- Review the supporting documents of all transaction and ensuring the compliancy with the financial and administrative requirement set by CUAMM and the donors.
- Collect monthly bank statement from the bank and reconcile with the book record in lotus.
- Reviewing the procurement request with the project staff
- Control the timely repayment of staff loan to coordination office.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual project financial reports as needed.
- Checks inventory and fixed asset records of the project monthly.
- Makes sure the internal control system of the organization is in place and is observed by all staff members of the project.
- Other Duties Assigned by the immediate supervisor
- BA Degree in Accounting
- At least three years’ related experience in NGO environment
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Perfect knowledge of Ethiopian accounting, taxation and labour rules/regulation
- Relevant experience in Finance
- Relevant experience in using accounting software (Peachtree accounting)
- Relevant experience in procurement and administration procedures
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2010, Word and Excel Program
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter with recent CV not later than 25th June 2021
We only receive applications submitted to CUAMM office via the following email
Application to – Accountant position, send to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CVs (not more than 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
- Highest Education certificate (copy)
- References of previous employers
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for a further interview
Note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Please do not forget to mention the position you are applying for.