I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. PRIMARY PURPOSE
· Provide administrative support to the Country Office staff in a timely and efficient manner.
· Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant is to:
- Maintain and operate quality and efficient communication services through handling incoming outgoing calls, emails, and fax correspondences.
- Assist team members in briefing administrative rules and regulations about interpretation and submission of various admin forms i.e. expense reports, timesheets, travel advance, etc.
· Receive guests and visitors, provide assistance and appropriate information, and/or facilitate their visit as per schedule provided.
· Scheduling Appointment/meetings between directors, staff, or other parties
· Provide support in photocopying, duplicating, and binding materials and other correspondence and documents to Addis staff
· Send and receive mails, parcels for official business through DHL, Post Office, or hand-carried by staff, or visitors. and check the payment such services obtained
· Assist the Administrative Officer in coordinating travel arrangements like hotel booking and reservations for meeting rooms, internal and external, according to the TechnoServe travel policy.
· Collect and update all information/emergency files related to the office list of interlocutors
· Reviews and recommends procedural changes to ensure compliance with policy and improve work processes
· Give support for the setting up of the filling system and the archiving process
· Maintaining accurate and up to date contact lists of staff and clients using Excel sheet and announce for all staff if there is a change
· Ensure staff submitted completed and approved travel requests before travel bookings are confirmed with the travel agency.
· Prepare payment requests related to travel, hotel, and others and provide the necessary charging codes (fund codes, responsibility centers, and geographic codes) to finance.
· Ensure agreements signed with service providers are up-to-date, readable, and chronologically ordered (like systematically arranged for ease of access).
· Keep a record of all Ethiopian offices with proper addresses and locations (like town, woreda, house number, the house owner name, TNS representative (lead) name, and so on).
· Assist staff in providing secretarial services in case of emergency needs.
· Maintain enough stock of sanitary materials and refreshments (coffee and tea) in consultation with the Administrative Officer.
Maintaining petty cash:
· Ensure the petty cash balance is always up-to-date and ready for surprise count as well as month-end count.
· Ensure petty cash payments are authorized by authorized/designated individuals before making any payments.
· Make sure payments from petty cash are paid for only items allowable to be handled from the fund.
· Prepare petty cash summary report petty cash replenishment is deemed necessary and submit the request with respective cash count form to finance for review and approval.
· Review and receive items based on purchase orders, purchase requests, and invoices
· Acknowledge items physically received matches with those requested and ordered
· Always inspect items for their quality and any tangible damages and liaise with the relevant personnel for any irregularities
· Ensure purchases are made from the vendor orders were placed by verifying the name of the supplier in the invoices, receipts, and so on.
· Note items that are missing or in bad condition and communicate to the Administrative Officer
· Issue all items from the store after checking their proper authorization
· Update bin cards and work out the balance after each receipt and issuance of items
· Upon issuance, register all fixed assets are recorded in fixed asset register book with the relevant custodian name, location of the assets, specifications, and so on
· Ensure fixed assets have an assigned tag number affixed to it before the person takes it from admin
· Ensure fixed asset movements between individuals are up-to-date in the fixed assets register book and proper documentations filed
· Update the register after every issuance, disposal, transfer, or receipt of all fixed assets
· Verify and confirm from the store records that a leaving staff has submitted all fixed assets under his/her custody before clearance is issued by the organization
· Handle other assignments as required
IV. REQUIREMENTS/KEY QUALIFICATION
· Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, or related fields
· 1+ -2 years of experience with preference in office administration, bookkeeping, store/fixed assets management, cash management
· Understanding of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
· High level of organization and efficiency
· Clear and concise communication skills
· Computer skills (emails, scanning, word processing, and accounting)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at once for different individuals in the office
· Results-focused and aware of the different challenges faced by individuals
· Culturally aware and able to speak English and Amharic fluently.
V. Career Pathways:
The positions that may be the next career opportunity for employees in this job title include Admin Assistant.
VI. Success Factors:
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas, and arguments; adjusts terminology, language, and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information; use appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Can analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical, and acceptable solution. Can make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgment in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results-Oriented/High-Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management : Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes, and controls activities; identifies, integrates, and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions, and make decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for their own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Compliance & Governance: Compliance with and knowledge of company policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts, the local labor code, and tax laws.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Internal Client Focus: Client Focus is based on understanding the client’s needs and concerns in the short to long term and providing sound recommendations and/or solutions.
How to Apply
VII. Application Instruction:
Qualified and interested applicants should Click here to apply for this position and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by JAugust 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not send through the indicated link.
TechnoServe has the right to cancel this advertisement.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.