The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) was launched in April 2010 and recognized by an Act of Parliament (Proclamation No. 783/2013) as an independent body mandated to provide, inter-alia, evidence-based policy advice to the Government and other stakeholders. Its major activities include undertaking consensus studies, conducting convening activities such as public lectures, conferences, workshops and symposia on issues of national priority; as well as promoting science, technology and innovation.
EAS would like to invite qualified candidates to apply for the position of Administration and Finance Manager.
The Administration and Finance Manager is responsible for the overall management and provision of key support services within the area of finance and administration. She/he manages and protects resources made available to EAS. She/he ensures that EAS’s management strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines are implemented and also sees to it that Ethiopian Labour law and other regulations are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, co-ordinates and controls the day-to-day support functions of EAS;
- Ensures that all financial, grant and administrative activities are executed per approved work plan and financial policies and procedures;
- Designs and uses sound internal control system to safeguard assets, records and documents of the Academy;
- In collaboration with other departments, prepares annual and quarterly budgets;
- Prepares quarterly, biannual and annual financial reports and audited on time;
- Handles human resources management functions;
- Advises management on human resources development policies and issues;
- Ensures that professional services and procurement of supplies and property are as per the procurement policy and procedure;
- Supervises, leads, guides and support staff members responsible to her/him;
- Performs any other activities as assigned by the Supervisor and/or specified in the pertinent policy manuals and guidelines.
- Administration and Finance Department
- Executive Director
- MBA/BA in Accounting/Management or related field.
- 6/8 years of relevant work experience out of which 2 years in a senior management position.
Technical and Other Skills
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of human resources concepts, practices, systems and procedures;
- Ability to interact and deal with people;
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills;
- Computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software);
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send their application letter (max 1 page) with their CV (max 3 pages) through email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th January 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of the email. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.