The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Investment Commission, has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Economic Opportunities Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the engagement of an Administrative Assistant.
The main objective of hiring an Administrative Assistant is to provide operational and logistical support to the Project Coordination Unit (PCU). The post directly reports to PCU Program Director.
The Administrative Assistant shall carry out the following general functions:
- Support the secretariat of the Jobs Compact Steering Committee and Technical Working Group meetings, by taking minutes, assisting with agenda setting and coordination of meetings.
- Support and facilitate close and collaborative relationships between PCU and EIC and other Program partners to fast track implementation.
- Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to the reviews of contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle, equipment maintenance etc.)
- Assist various units of the PCU in routine administrative functions such as effective communications, organization of meetings, seminars and workshops, and takes minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Maintain project files and documentation. Develop reporting templates and presentations when required; drafts correspondence, telegrams, memoranda and reports via oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources, in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items. Ensure proper and secure management, procurement and storage of assets and consumables/supplies within PCU Administration.
- Support the team in travel and transport management: processing travel authorizations, visa processing, and advance payment requests. Handle deployment of vehicles and drivers for field trips and in town use, controls over the daily movements of the official use, arrange rental of vehicles, verifying and settlement of bills.
- Ensure timely settlement of service contracts, low–value items and petty cash management.
- Operates various office equipment such as computers, word processors and other similar keyboard equipment, as required.
- Performs other duties, as required
The following two technical evaluation criteria will be followed to select the right individual consultant:
- Qualification (40%). This criterion is further divided into two:
- Educational Status (15%).
- Years of experience (25%).
- Years of Experience (50%). This criterion is further divided into two:
- General Experience (10%).
- Relevant Experience (40%).
- Specific Experience related to the assignment in the World Bank projects 10%
- Two years, subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Name of Project:
- Economic Opportunities Program (EOP)
Expected start date:
- February 1st, 2019
Required Qualifications, Work Experience and skill;
- University Degree in one of the following disciplines: Management, Business administration, accounting or any related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of similar work experience,
- Previous experience as project assistant or similar positions with excellent collaborative working relationships with Government Ministries and development partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong set of personal values
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic languages
How to Apply
The Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
The Individuals should give information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The attention of the Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services of July 1, 2016 revised November 2017, setting forth in the World Bank IBRD-IDA Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual consultant (IC) Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8.30-12:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-11:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM on Fridays.
Application/ Expression of Interest along with necessary Documentary Evidences can be sent through the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the recruitment of “Administrative Assistant”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-EIC-106123-CS-INDV on or before 16 January 2020 up to 4:30 P.M local time.
Ethiopian Investment Commission, Jobs Compact – Economic Opportunities Program,
Bole Road around Olympia.
Attn: Program Director or Procurement Specialist, 4th floor, Room No. 405
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.