ZOA supports those affected by violent conflicts, natural disasters, and chronic poverty in fragile states, irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or age. By working alongside communities, we contribute to signs of hope and restoration, supporting people to overcome hardship and rebuild their lives. Inspired by our Christian faith, we provide relief, hope and recovery to people impacted by conflicts and disasters, as we work towards a world where people have hope and live dignified lives in peaceful communities. We value people, we are faithful, we are good stewards, and we serve with integrity. In Ethiopia, ZOA delivers innovative, and ground-breaking projects in Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, TVET, Humanitarian Relief, and Peacebuilding, with a strong focus on inclusion, participation and sustainability, thereby achieving lasting positive change.
All ZOA employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families. We seek to recruit a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the following position:
He/she plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors the activities in the program office and coordinates this with the other related Livelihoods and food security Officers in the camps and hosting communities; facilitates and follows up recruitment of agriculture & livelihood animators based on ZOA’s rules and regulations; prepares activity plans and budgets; facilitates and closely works on provision of all necessary inputs for the agriculture and livelihood activities; conducts assessment of agriculture and livelihood related programs; prepares and submits periodic project activity reports.
Typical Responsibilities – Key end Results of the Position:
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the agriculture/horticulture livelihoods and agricultural activities in a timely manner with both refugees, IDPs and the host community in camps and woreda settings.
- Closely work the implementation of the agriculture based Vocational Skills Training (VST) basically on crop/vegetable production, livelihood and agricultural activities in a timely manner with both refugees and the host community in camp and woreda/village settings.
- Implement and supervise the set up and/or monitoring of trainees or agriculture/horticulture, livelihoods and general crop production group of beneficiaries in order to create production and market linkages between the host and refugee communities.
- Facilitate agriculture/horticulture related training activities with agriculture and natural resource bureau experts/ training providers as needed.
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of ZOA agricultural, food security, market/value chain and livelihood projects/activities;
- Conduct regular field visits in the camp and woreda/village setting to project sites to verify quality/progress of food security, agricultural and livelihood program interventions.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships and linkages with local authorities, communities, NGOs, UN, ARRA and other key stakeholders in the area of agriculture, food security and livelihood
- Provide quality reports timely which have proper documentation
- Conduct related assessments and stakeholder analysis.
- Follow-up and supports the preparation of reports for the concerned government offices and donors.
- Acquaint new agricultural technology & disseminate to the rural community and in refugee camp setting.
- Serve as a bridge between Host communities & refugees production and integration.
- Undertake all activities related agriculture/horticulture /production & development including study the market for community development and value chains.
- Strengthen the relationships with similar stalk holders in Gambella, like Gambella university and Gambella research center for the sustainability of the project and strong collaboration
- Performs other related tasks as required and requested from ZOA
Dealing with Problems:
- The Agriculture and livelihood officer will work with the Livelihood and food security facilitators, DAs and farmers to provide guidance at the program office level as well as oversee agriculture/horticulture activities through providing technical support and guidance.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Should be able to have a medium level of interaction with government officials to facilitate project activities
Educational Qualification and Experience
- BSc or Master’s Degree in Agriculture/horticulture/field crop production, agribusiness or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ for degree and 2 years for masters relevant professional experience regarding agricultural and business, working with refugees
- Proven experience in Gambella region with hosting communities and refugees and similar to the sector
Skills Specific to the Post
- Commitment to the vision and mission of ZOA Relief |Hope| Recovery;
- Excellent understanding of local context preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work in hardship conditions
- Good Communications Skill both English and local language
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviours
- Should be able to motivate local staff to accomplish tasks
Physical Environment and Demands:
- The job duties require an employee to work in a hardship areas for extended periods
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years .
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.