Term of Engagement: 12 months
Working Hours: Regular
Open position: One
Veritas Veritas Consulting is a multi-sector Ethiopia-focused management consultancy firm that advises private, development, and private sector facing public institutions. The current thrust of our work is focused on renewable energy and agriculture sectors.
Veritas currently seeks an Agriculture Value-Chain Expert to support these various workstreams.
About the position
Veritas is working with various funders and public institutions to accelerate the provision of electricity to promote agriculture sector growth in concert with the expanded provision of power to rural communities. This work has required both the study of specific value chains and the public, private, and development sector interventions that support them.
This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated development practitioner to make a real contribution to smallholder farmers and agriculture transformation in Ethiopia.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Identify value chains and provide analysis on the benefits of electrification to the identified value chains.
- Work collaboratively with diverse groups working with the selected value chains, such as the mini-grid team, relevant government agencies, farmer-based organizations, and the donor sector to identify and support investments along the identified agribusiness value chains
- Provide strategic direction on agriculture value chains, agribusiness, and the general agriculture landscape in Ethiopia
- Strong understanding of business practices with a fundamental understanding of project management methodology and administrative functions
- Prior experience in horticulture value chains is a plus
- Work effectively with personnel in public, private, and NGO sectors
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, even in high-pressure situations
- Must be proactive and demonstrate an excellent work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate a high-level commitment to collaboration and team achievement
- Any other duties assigned by the Team Leader
- minimum of Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized institution
- At least 7 years’ experience in the agribusiness sector, particularly in value chain development and facilitating market linkages
- Experience in agricultural administration, economic and financial analysis, market and risk assessment, and evaluation of programs or related activities
- Good knowledge of policy developments in the Ethiopian agriculture and agribusiness industry sectors
- Understanding of the needs and challenges of agribusinesses, smallholder farmers, and other agribusiness value-chain actors in Ethiopia or similar contexts
- Proficient knowledge of writing technical documents
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent skills in project management demonstrated in previous jobs
- Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent English and Amharic in both reading and writing skills
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a maximum of 5 page CV and cover letter to email@example.com. CVs beyond this page limit will not be considered.
Please clearly write the position you are applying for on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted