Assistant Financial Accountant – ( 190004TU )
External website advert template
The Opportunity (Assistant Financial Accountant, 1)
LOCATION: Dire-Dawa with frequently Field Travel for Eastern- Hararghe Region.
Here the Role Purpose section of the JD should be copied and pasted.
ROLE PURPOSE: – Assistant Financial Accountant
The Assistant Financial Accountant will focus 100% on the correct financial management of project title: ‘PREVENTION AND SUPPORT ACTIONS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE INVOLVED IN RISKY MIGRATION AND TRADE ALONG THE EASTERN MIGRATORY ROUTE, OR THAT ARE BACK IN ETHIOPIA’, funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, Addis Ababa Office (AICS).
Duties and responsibilities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Field Payment Facilitator
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Prepares bank payment voucher for approved payments and effect the payment.
- Ensure supplier/vendors are paid on time and legal receipt is received for all effected payments and attach to the payment documents.
- Handle petty cash of the field office and maintain proper petty cash recording/register
- Prepares petty cash payment voucher and effects approved cash payment up to petty cash limit of the program.
- Follow up on staff work advance and travel advance to be settled timely.
- Properly coding of all bank and petty cash transactions as per chart of account coding classification.
- Collect cash with appropriate voucher and deposit cash collections intact to bank account.
- Ensure safe custody of Filed office’s Petty Cash fund, uncollected cheque, new cheque pads & bid bonds, and other legal documents related to finance.
- Prepare General Ledger and Cash Offline Spread sheet (GLACOSE for all transactions that to be reviewed and posted by the Financial Accountant
- Filing the financial document as per donor compliance
- Support the Project team in the preparation of the financial report for the donor (hard copies of the documents)
- Reconcile bank transfer among AICS dedicated bank accounts
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience,
- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Tags basic education child protection financial management
- Knowhow of different Accounting Software’s
- Experience in handling petty cash is required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong training skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Italian is an advantage
- Commitment to Save the Children values
The top 8 skills and experiences listed as bullet points – including qualifications and right to work if needed.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases: Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
- Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
- Delivering result: T akes pe r so nal re sp on sib ility and h ol ds othe rs to a cc ount to de li ver our a mb it ious g oa ls f or ch il d ren, c ont inua lly i mp r o v ing own pe r f o r man ce or that of the tea m/ o rgan isat ion.
- Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further .
Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
- Problem solving and decision making : T akes e f fe ct i ve, c on si de red and t i me ly de c isions by gath e r i ng and e va l uat ing re le vant in f o r mat ion fr om wi th in or out si de the o rgan isat i on and mak ing app r op r iate ju dge ment s.
Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
- Wo r k ing e ff ect iv e ly w ith ot h e rs W o r ks c ollab o rat i ve ly to a ch ie ve sh a red g oa ls and th r ives on d i ve r sity of pe op le and p e r spe ct i ve s; kn ows when to lead and when to f ollow and h owto en s u re e ffe ct i ve c r os s -b oun d a ry w o rk ing.
- Communicating with Impact: C o mm un i cates c lea r ly and c o n f i dent ly with o the rs to en gage and i n f luen ce; p r o m otes d ia logue and en su res t i me ly and ap p r o p r iate me ss age s, bu il d ing c o n f i den ce and t ru st wi th oth e r s.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. Please add further detail here as required. For example: This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
National Candidates Are Applicable only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jan 6, 2020