Vacancy Ref No: HAI/Prog/002/20
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working together to ensure that older people lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge International’s secretariat is based in London, UK and closely works with its supporting network members- Age International, HelpAge Germany and HelpAge USA.
HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and engaged on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response and capacity building of local partners. Helpage is looking for a motivated programme Manager for its emergency response and resilience building effort in targeted woredas of Borena.
Summary of the role:
- As assistant to the Health and Nutrition sector, the incumbent under the guidance and direct supervision of the Health and Nutrition Officer based in Mega field office is in charge of supporting the health and nutrition interventions.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, reporting to ensure quality of health and nutrition interventions to be implemented in Mega field offices.
- In collaboration with the H & N officer, S/He will be responsible for representation and promoting the consideration of older people specific needs.
- S/he is also responsible for building the capacity of community level workers of the project, i.e. social workers and community volunteers and partners and collaborating organizations and ensure appropriateness of field implementations.
- Develop detail action plan and Ensure effective implementation of health and nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other the project staff and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and lead older people mapping collection of information about older people and person with disabilities health situation in the project area, beneficiary targeting and inclusive verification process for the nutrient and health interventions.
- Promote participatory approaches, in emergency programming to ensure inclusion of all most vulnerable groups including older people, children, women and Persons with disabilities throughout the project cycle and joint learning processes
- Promote older people and disability friendly health and nutrition strategies, approaches and modalities in all programming activities.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented efficiently as per the available budget and donor requirement and identify challenges and constraints and suggest possible remedial actions including possible modifications required in the process of implementation to the H & N officer
- Play active role in field level coordination mechanisms, joint rapid emergency assessments in order to raise awareness, share information and build partnerships in the humanitarian sector
- Support capacity building project staff, community level workers and stakeholders for improved inclusion of older people in emergency nutrition interventions
Contract Length: One Year
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health & Nutrition Officer
Internal: Project Coordinator, Humanitarian program Manager, Deputy Emergency Manager, Communications Officer, Regional Protection and Inclusion Manager, Regional Nutrition and Health Manager and Country Director
External: Work with stakeholder
Qualification and experience
- Diploma or BSc in the field of public health, environmental health, health and Nutrition and related field with relevant experience; For Diploma minimum of 5 years’ experience; for BA/BSC 2 years and for MSC/MA Zero year of experience required
- Excellent analytical skills and able to solve complex problems quickly and effectively in the field
- Extensive experience at least 2 years in implementing health and nutrition focussed projects/programmes at field level
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably
- Ability to work in partnership with other stakeholders within agreed partnership framework
- Having a good understanding of budgets and financial management and the ability to Work with local partners is also desirable.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Proficiency in local language
How to Apply
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line.
Then attach the following.
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page – cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format by email address: email@example.com