Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Duration of Employment: 3 (three) months contract with possible extension
• Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities.
• Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
• Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
• Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
• Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
• Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular: Inventories and the reallocation of equipment. Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities. Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
• Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
• Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
• Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
OCB left Ethiopia in 2013 and is in the process of reinstallation. Early 2021, the registration process has started and, for the time being, OCB operates under the OCBA umbrella. As any new mission, all is to be set-up: facilities, team, procedures, importation process, networking, security analysis, etc…
As a start, a first project has been opened in SNNP Region (see below project context) until the registration is completed but further needs could be identified within the coming periods. Therefore, the opening of other project(s) could be soon a reality.
Due to the context, the SNNP Region has recently experienced an increased displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need.
MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda and Burji Special Woreda. MSF Oficces are located in Karat Town. However, MSF will adapt its strategy and activities according to the needs. For this reason the MSF team needs to be flexible and may have to work in others places that the ones mentionned above
MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardeless the ethnic origin of our patients, so to both local and refugee population.
We ensure that our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.
|Education||Essential secondary education.|
|Desirable experience with other NGOs|
|Essential mission working language|
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/ sent:
– by email: MSFOCBfirstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 05/04/2021
Closing date: 11/04/2021
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.