Post Title: Consultant- To conduct Analysis of Gender-Specific Inclusion in the Workplace For “Promoting Youth employment in urban districts in Ethiopia (PASEWAY) projects”
Grade: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
ECD is a local NGO that was founded in 2004 and was recognized by the Ethiopian government as a local non-profit organization (Register no. 1186). ECD aims to create better conditions and to improve access to opportunities for marginalized and impoverished children, young people and women, which will lead to an improvement in the livelihoods of everyone in the community. Their goal is to offer children living in poverty and young people who have been displaced, especially girls, better prospects for the future through education, training and the provision of financial support.
Pathways for Sustainable Women and Youth Employment (PASEWAS) project is active project that ECD is implementing in Addis Ababa in collaboration German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Plan International Ethiopia and Selam Children’s Village (SCV).
Overall Project Objective:
Contribute to increased formal youth employment in decent and dignity in Addis Ababa City Administration by 2022 (SDG 8.5)
Specific Project Objectives:
- Increase youth and women employment (Wage and self) employments in Addis Ababa by 2022 in line with SDGs 8.5
- Strengthen the capacity of the local partners in the implementation of projects to promote youth employment and entrepreneurship for young people in Ethiopia.
Results/Outcomes of the project:
- Young people are successfully employed and/or self-employed.
- Strengthening capacities of the local partners in the implementation of projects to promote youth employment and entrepreneurship for young people in Ethiopia.
Purpose of the assignment
The main objective of this task is to conduct study on joint analysis of gender-specific inclusion in the workplace
Scope: The study will cover the analysis of gender-specific inclusion in the workplace; in the project target areas such as the target sub-city selected woredas and all project districts employers in the four sectors, namely: garment, furniture, hotels and metal works industries.
The study will also:
(I)Integrate the perspectives of employers, vocational training establishment graduates and members of the community and will not only focus on barriers, but also on the general perception of women in the workplace.
(II) Provide a basis /input for a gender-specific employment strategy in collaboration with employers
- Inception Report (incl. sampling method and Data Collection Tools)
- Draft report on data collection results
- Draft final Developed gender-specific employment strategy with selected employers study report
- Validation of the final study on Joint analysis of gender-specific inclusion in the workplace findings and recommendations with key stakeholders and respondents (workshop)
- Final study on Joint analysis of gender-specific inclusion in the work place; study Report (including Executive Summary, Raw data, Power Point presentation slides)
Language Required: English
- Master’s degree or degree with equivalent experience in Social Sciences, gender, Anthropology, Development Studies, Economics or related.
- Knowledge and experience in unemployment/under employment, in gender issues, awareness on inclusion, child protection and child rights issues.
- At least three years of proven experience in carrying out researches/study and strategy development, including data collection and entry, data management and storage, preferably for international NGOs.
- Proven experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Renewed business license along with TIN and/or VAT certificates.
How to Apply
In person to the following address: Bole Road, Haile & Alem Building 7th floor. Bidders can collect the TOR by sending a request of detail TOR via: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All interested applicants shall submit sealed technical and financial bids in a separate envelope. Consultancy firms shall present renewed trade & legal licenses along with their bid documents.
Contact detail information
Alemayehu Getaneh, ECD PASEWAY PROJECT Coordinator: +251911842134
Minbale Getachew, ECD program manager: +2519 11 46 59 97
Ethiopian Center for Development| Addis Ababa Office
Finance and Admin Department
Alem building, Behind Alem cinema, on Bole Road
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopian Center for Development reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids!!