Day to day running of companies cash office operations as per company’s policies and objectives
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive cash/cheques from customer/salesmen/credit controller.
- Process receipts into the customer account and cash/ cheque holding accounts,
- Confirm and receipt appropriately all mobile money transferred to the company business account
- Initiate regular transfers from the mobile money platform to the bank
- Daily reconciliation of the cash and cheque holding ledger accounts, and Mobile banking account
- Prepare daily banking documents of both cash and cheque receipts and send to bank,
- Post daily banking out of cash and cheque holding account into Bank accounts,
- Prepare daily report on receipt of cash and cheque receipts and banking schedule.
- Ensure petty cash is maintained at the authorized maximum limit every day and each reimbursement is promptly requisitioned and authorized,
- Make payments of petty cash claims after ensuring that they are properly authorized,
- Process petty cash claims through the Ledger including all details required for expense analysis,
- Prepare daily report on petty cash balance and reconcile to the Ledger.
- Write supplier cheques / prepare telegraphic transfers as per authorized cheque requisitions,
- Issue signed cheques to suppliers,
- Maintain Cheques register and issue cheques to Suppliers.
Customer Postdated cheques
- Keep all customer postdated cheques in the safe,
- Maintain a report for all postdated cheques and circulate to Credit Controller, Financial Accountant and Head of Finance every Monday morning,
- Bank the cheques promptly on the due date in liasion with the Credit Control Department.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Bank Statements to the Ledger Account,
- Daily follow up of all reconciling items to ensure they are updated either in Ledger or in bank statement,
- Carry out treasury requirements including banking, withdrawals and documents collection from the banks,
- Preparation of daily report on Bank balances and Payments and circulation to Management.
- Loading all electronic payments onto the banks, as well as daily download of statements
- To confirm funds receipts from customers into the banks, and advise the Credit Control accordingly
Safe Custody of company documents
- Keep all unused cheques and LPOs and make proper account of them.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- Certified Accountant CPA (II) or ACCA
- At least 2 years handling cash in a similar setup
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Micro soft office applications
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Honesty and discretion
- Strong communication skills
- Numerate and with strong finacial analysis acumen
- Willing to work according to the needs of the business
- Self starter and proactive employee
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.