Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will provide support for activities relating to communications, media and organizing events. Specific duties will include but not limited to:
- writing and editing of articles to be posted on Forums website
- supporting the production of brochures, project briefings, etc …
- helping with additional communication products such as feature articles, drafting of op-ed type articles, etc.
- developing social media advocacy platforms as necessary
- assisting in research report launching and media inquiries, including media outreach
- collating media coverage and website statistics, assisting in analysis
- attending Technical Working Group meetings and writing updates and briefings
- attending Forum’s meetings and events and taking notes and minutes
- developing content including images and videos for website and promotional materials
- helping to organize project events (meetings, trainings, seminars and other events)
- providing a day-to-day support to the activities of the office
The Interns will be paid transport allowance and pocket money but not salary.
Terms of Appointment
Duration of the internship is 3-6 months. Participating interns are required to work fulltime during office hours. Time could be arranged for their outside research and study work as required.
Candidates will be selected on a competitive basis. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Should complete first year of graduate level degree in one of the fields related to journalism, communications, media studies, political and social sciences, economics, international relations, law, public and business administration, development studies or federal studies or any relevant fields.
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong interest in working with the Forum on governance issues,
- General IT competence and command of main office software programs
- Internet communication and searching skills
- Social media skills
How to Apply
To apply, interested applicants should submit:
- A brief application letter indicating their areas of interest and a short essay in English (200 – 300 words) outlining their reasons for doing an internship.
- Proof of continuing studies if applicable (i.e. a letter of confirmation from a university)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Interested applicants should email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or post at the following address:
Forum of Federations
PO Box 6395