Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an international NGOs, based in Italy, established in 1950 with the aim of supporting developing countries in their effort to build sustainable and accessible health systems. The organization’s mission is to reduce the needless loss of lives in development and emergency contexts caused by lack of effective health care, and to contribute to improve health outcomes among the most vulnerable group of the population focusing on Mothers, newborns and children.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is working in Oromia, SNNP, Amhara, and Gambella region as well as Addis Ababa town Administration and currently stated working in Somali Region supporting both hosting and refugee communities with An emergency and developmental Health interventions.
Project title :- From emergency to resilience: Integrated path in support of vulnerable populations, refugees, displaced persons and residents in the neighboring areas of Aw-Bere and Bokolmayo (Somali Regional State) – REVERSE
Duty Station: – Somali Region Boklomayo woredas
Type of Employment: one year (June 2021 – May 2022) with a possibility of extension – 60 days probation
Reports to: Area Coordinator / Senior Project Officer
Required Education & Experience: the candidate must hold Diploma or BSC Degree in Public Health or Clinical Nursing with a preferable minimum of three (3) years field experience in facilitating a Health project implementation both at the facility and community level.
Overall responsibilities of Position:
- Ensure the implementation of community based project activities as per the project time table and schedule
- Plan and organize community outreach activities in collaboration with the health extension workers, COA, and other stakeholders
- Work with the project officer in the planning, organizing and conducting capacity building training and meetings planned by the project in collaboration with the regional Health bureau and other stakeholders
- Participate in the monthly supportive supervision and monthly service deliver data collection from the health facilities
- Ensure proper health facility data and document, supervision visit reports and monthly service delivery reports properly
- Plan, organize and conduct distribution sessions in the community
- Actively participate in the community outreach Malnutrition screening, Deworming, vitamin A supplementation and measles and polio immunization activities
- Maintain appropriate communication, coordination and relationship with local authorities such as the Regional Health bureau, ARRA, Woreda health office, Health facilities and Health extension workers
- Plan, organize, monitor and supervise community outreach activities such as immunization, Malnutrition screening and treatment of common communicable diseases
- Actively participate in the implementation of Health education sessions in the health facility and community Level and support the health extension program
- Ensure all documentations, reports and Records properly filled and organized and documented in the office
- Maintain proper documentation of monthly service delivery records and reports in the health facilities and support the HMIS in the woreda Health office and health facilities
- Work closely with and Build the capacity of COAs and HEWs in carrying out the project activities.
- Supervise, monitor and support the activities of the community outreach officer
- Communicate with other partners working in the area and represent CUAMM during meetings and workshops
- Work on other duties, responsibilities and assignments you might be given by your supervisor
- Work in other project intervention woredas when there is need such as in Aw-Bere woreda
- Be respectful to the rules and regulations of the organization and work with harmony and respect with colleagues and partners
- Strong knowledge and skill in Public Health
- Fluent in speaking English, Somali and Amharic languages
- Relevant experience in community based project activity implementation
- Relevant experience in monitoring and supervision of MNCH Services
- Previous experience in MNCH activities at Community Level
- Previous work experience with NGOs, preferably in Somali region
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2010, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, networking and public relations skills
- Positive coordination and relationship with partners and other CUAMM staff
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to succeed
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter with a recent CV not later than 22nd June 2021.
We only receive applications submitted to CUAMM office via the following email address
Application to – Project officer position, send to – email@example.com
CVs (not more than 3 pages)
Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further interview
Note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Please do not forget to mention the position you are applying for.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply