The Oromia Pastoralist Association (OPA) is a Community Based, non-government and non-profit organization established in 2006 by pastoralist community representatives from Oromia region with the aim to encourage participation and decision-making of pastoralists in policy processes affecting their lives and livelihoods and address the chronic levels of poverty and vulnerability faced by the most-at risk community groups.
OPA would like to employ interested and qualified candidates for the vacant positions specified below for the Resilient Community (RC) Program: Developing Inclusive and Profitable Dairy Value Chains for Pastoralist Community in Moyale Woreda, Oromia Region. Therefore, interested and qualified individuals can apply Community Change Agent position.
Position Description/Summary: Under direct supervision of OPA Gender Expert/Women Empowerment Coordinator, the Community Change Agent will facilitate the smooth implementation of project activities in the target localities by working directly with communities and Women Socio-Economic groups and ensure that they receive appropriate services and supports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate smooth implementation of Women Empowerment activities in the target localities by working directly with communities of concern to identify needs of program participants and ensure that they receive appropriate services and supports.
- Support peer-to peer sessions on social protection related issues among Women’s Group members
- Participate in beneficiary identification including assessments of Households for economic empowerment
- Facilitate Women group meetings on different topic sessions, facilitate household level Women Empowerment exercises, and facilitate Community level events
- Identify capacities within communities of concern and provide technical guidance to, women peer groups, and local partners.
- Ensure the Empowerment capacity building activities across the project target localities are managed efficiently and effectively in line with established project guidelines.
- Ensure all learnings/challenges are captured, documented and shared with internal and CST MSD coordinator
- Support OPA gender export in generating evidence for periodic reporting
- Perform other duties as per directed by OPA Gender Expert/Women Empowerment Coordinator
Required number: Five (5)
Duty Station: Selected Kebeles, in Moyale Woreda.
Terms of Employment: Ten months (with the possibility of extension)
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Diploma in Social Sciences, Education or related development studies with minimum of 2 years’ work experience as, social worker, community facilitator or similar positions,
- 10+2 or above with minimum of 4 years’ work experience in humanitarian or community facilitator positions related to Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- knowledge of Gender and Women Empowerment, experience in social or humanitarian related work and community mobilization activities
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including Women Groups including experience in facilitation of women groups’ peer-to-peer sessions, coordination of community level meetings
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results; good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity; and aware of the socio-Economic situation of communities in Moyale
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with Women Socio-Economic Groups, and project partner organizations
- Fluent in written and spoken Afan Oromo and English languages.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their completed application consisting non-returnable letter of application, recently updated CV, and copies of credentials to any of the addresses described below. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration.
In Person to: OPA head Office, Addis Ababa, Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda o4, house number 029, Behind tele Gurage, telephone +251 118 96 02 32, Addis Ababa
OPA Filed Office, Yabello, Infront of Yabello pastoralist TVET Collage,
Tele: +251464461457 Or
CIFA Project coordination office in Moyale town,
Female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.