International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
The position is required for the construction of WASH facilities at health institution in SNNPR, Wolayta zone. The Construction officer position that involves planning, management and monitoring of the Construction proposed at health facilities in SNNPR, Wolayta Zone. She/He is responsible for the overall management of the projects including site assessment, site identification, and design of the WASH facilities, design of the water systems, preparation of BoQ, specifications, drawings and management of construction materials at sites in collaboration with the woreda health offices.
- Design the water system layout, Prepare BoQ, drawings, Supervise quality of construction works, and installation of all necessary fittings
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment and supplies;
- Conduct training on operation and management of the constructed WASH facilities for government staff
- Prepare detail activity, procurement and spending plan on the available grants; and following on monthly bases the actual executed and spending budget
- Oversee stores management and liaise with the Logistics and government sector partners to ensure checks are made on site stores and stock records
- Ensure that all constructed, or rehabilitated WASH facilites has to be kept in soft and hard copies
- Initiate procurement towards purchase of the required items for construction of the WASH facilities in the health institutions
- Supervision of on-force & all contracted activities such as construction of WASH facilities, maintenance, pipe lines, tap stand by presenting at site level during the construction.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of the water schemes constructed, and maintained
· Minimum Diploma in construction, building, or Water resources engineering.
· One year’s work experience for Diploma, or graduates engineers of bachelor degree
· Competent in using Windows, and other Engineering software: AutoCAD, Hydraulics soft wares
· Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff
The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV by clearly stating the position that you are applying for through www.ethiojobs.net On OR before July 31, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.