This position is more of a technical position in IMC Ethiopia country office, and the position holder will work under the direction and support of senior health program manager and closely work with other African Humanitarian Action project team. The position holder is responsible to lead and coordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation processes of COVID-19 response intervention of International Medical Corps in consortium with AHA designed in West Arsi zone of Oromia regional state. He/she also make follow up and monitor project implementation of each planned activities, in COVID-19 pandemic investigation and response, provide follow up of early warning, regular data collection, mapping of project sites in terms of occurrence of the pandemic, conduct capacity assessment at the woreda & health facility. She/he will represent IMC in the project related meetings organized at the national and regional level.
- Lead and responsible for the COVID-19 project intervention of the CDC funded project.
- Create smooth relation and collaboration with partner organization and Government stakeholder.
- Prepare detailed COVID-19 implementation plan with the consortium partner and share with field staffs.
- Ensure implementation of all planned activities upon expected quality and schedule at all levels.
- Organize and facilitate review meeting to review project status with AHA.
- Undertake joint assessment to identify gap and status of COVID-19 and surveillance at each project implementation woredas.
- Provide technical support for AHA project staffs on proper implementation of the service.
- Work in close consultation with health team and AHA project team.
- Represent IMC in any COVID-19 meeting organized at regional and national level.
- Review and regular project progress report.
- Facilitate logistics and procurement of supplies for the project and ensure timely delivery of supplies.
· Manage project budget and prepare monthly pipeline report.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting and M/E
- Regularly collect information and data from field project staffs and provide feedback on weekly, monthly and quarterly project.
- Updates and regular progress reports on COVID-19 response activities undertaken at field site.
- Assist and supervise COVID-19 field project staffs to enable them compile the field based reports and prepare simplified reporting formats.
- Represent the organization during COVID-19 technical meetings at regional and national level
- Collaborate with other sectors
- Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description.
- Implement other COVD-19 related activities as per direction from Senior Health program manager
- Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation and or public health, from recognized learning institution plus 4 years of experience in related field
- Experience on emergency disease outbreak investigation and response.
- Experience on monitoring and evaluation of health projects
- Experience of facilitation of training review meetings and workshops
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop good team spirit and support project staff
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net on OR before September 21, 2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.