SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to IExternal Candidates
|Position Titled||Data Clerk – Medical|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||28.01.2020 – 09.02.2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
IOM provides relevant administrative visa-related services through the Canada Visa Application Centre (CANVAC), aimed at providing timely assistance to those in need when applying for visas to Canada. CANVAC is currently in need of recruiting Client Service Assistant, the responsibilities of the position are described below.
Under the overall supervision of the CANVAC Project Coordinator at IOM HQ in Geneva, the Chief of Mission and Representative to AU, UNECA and IGAD in Ethiopia and the direct supervision of the CANVAC Team Leader in Addis Ababa, the incumbent will provide administrative support for the CANVAC operated by IOM. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- General clerical work, photocopying and printing all medical forms from various countries;
- Maintain the filing system of copies of all medical records and updating files for archive;
- Filing incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, e-mails, faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical Operation matters as well as implementing and maintaining records of transfer of medical documents from various medical sections;
- Registration of bio-data for all pre-screening medical forms;
- Data entry of all post-screening medical forms and documents into the database based on the original/photocopies of medical forms received;
- Tracing of medical records and x-rays for follow-up and preparation of medical travel packages;
- Support transmission of x-ray films and files for reporting and transmission;
- Prepare and submit data for on-hold files, TST, vaccination and any other relevant data as requested by the supervisor;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Secretarial Science, Management or related discipline
- At least three years’ experience in clerical work in a busy institution preferably in medical area
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office
- Knowledge of EPI INFO and/or SPSS is added advantage
- Diploma in Computer Management Information Systems, an added advantage
- Knowledge of medical terminology as well as secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage
- Training in medical records and informatics is an added advantage
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Fluency in Amharic and English is required. Knowledge of other local language is advantageous
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by February 09, 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply