|Reference No: Rec/087/2020
Job title: Data Collector
|Location: Oromia, East Hararghe- Deder|
|Reports to: CMAMI Research Project Manager
Duration of Employment: Two Months
|Closing Date: October 26, 2020|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
Data collectors will conduct the quantitative survey in Deder which is part of the formative work of the CMAMI research project
Description of Functional Relationships of the role
- Carry out quantitative data collection in health centers
- Organize and involve in data collection process
- Feeding the collected data in RED Caps software
- Conduct anthropometric measurements on infant less than six months
- Prepare and submit regular data collection report for project manager
- Additional tasks might be assigned by line manager
- Diploma and above in public health, Nursing and Nutrition. 1-year experience in quantitative survey and data collection. Have experience on RED Caps software and/or ODK and common anthropometric measurements.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
Liaison and networking
- Liaise with woreda health office and health centers staffs on data collection process.
- To actively promote the mainstreaming of child protection and gender into research activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support implementation of quantitative data collection and reporting.
- Coordinate and work closely with MEAL team for data mainstreaming to GOAL E central system
- Understand and implement, GOAL’s policies and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS, social inclusion and Child Protection. Ensures gender, HIV/AIDS, child protection and inclusion is effectively mainstreamed throughout the data collection process
- Act as a role model and provide feedback to encourage other in supporting equity and diversity principals, and the accommodation of other differences in the workplace
Remuneration & Benefits:
Salary: – Birr 6,526.47
Transportation Allowance: 10% of monthly salary
Hardship Allowance: 30% of monthly salary.
How to Apply
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to email@example.com
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the personally to GOAL Ethiopia Regional Office at Meta.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.