About Paradise Valley College
Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The college is located 250 kilometers, southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, Shashemene Town.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
PVC is looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professionals and competent employees for the above positions:
Required Number: 1 (One)
Accountable to: College Dean
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Student Support:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships throughout the College.
- Has the authority to propose, uphold, modify or revoke notices of proposed dismissals or suspensions.
- Oversees communications, promotions, and public relations for department in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Works directly with students to support processes and solve problems related to registration, financial aid, and payments. Serves as Liaison with the head office to facilitate processes and problem resolutions.
- Coordinates and supports student Orientation.
- Provides guidance to students to ensure that they remain compliant with financial aid regulations as they relate to the program/course of study.
- Meets with student and faculty groups to plan activities.
- Evaluates programs and suggests modifications.
- Serves as coordinator for COVID-19 awareness creation and teach, guide, and train students on how to stay away from it on a regular base.
- Supports students in completing all necessary forms for Graduation.
- Oversees registration requirements and assessments for new students as needed.
- Coordinates tutoring opportunities as available at the center.
- Supports center dean in developing schedules as needed.
- Implements retention strategies as identified by campus dean of the college.
- Works with campus dean to insure that the center is aware of services offered by the college and implements new services as they become available.
- Coordinates student organizations including but not limited to a student advisory group.
- Treats fellow employees, students, and the institution’s guests with civility, refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
- Ability for follow directions and complete tasks accurately and accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all student data and information.
- Other Duties as assigned which are specific to the needs of the center.
- Master’s Degree and above
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree and above.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an educational setting.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Computer skills include Microsoft Office and database software.
- Team player with demonstrated customer services skills.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Ability to exercise good decision making skills.
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to communicate and maintain systematic, coherent expectations with all constituents.
How to Apply
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Application due date: Qualified and interested applicants can apply within 10 days from the day of this vacancy announced.
Interested candidates should send their brief job application enclosed with a cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.comOther related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.
Send the hard copies of the mentioned requirements to the following address:
Paradise Valley College (PVC)
Shashemene Campus, Human Resource Office
04 Kebele, Near Tekelehaymanot Church,
P.O. Box: 499, Shashemene