1. Job Summary
The Deputy Plant Manager plans, directs and coordinates overall works and resources of the plant site in accordance with company policies®ulatory requirements. The Deputy Plant Manager is also responsible for managing Quality control, Production and Technical Departments as direct reports. He/She should closely with managers from other departments as well.
Deputy Plant Manager directly reports to the Chief Plant Operations Officer and undertakes the following duties and responsibilities.
2. Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, maintenance, and quality controlling activities of edible oil production.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports to detect production problems.
- Develop short, long and annual plan of the production and ensures proper implementation of same.
- Leads the line and the staff management to achieve the desired objectives in a responsible and diligent manner.
- Creates and develops cohesive and energetic top and lower level management and strives for the existence of a sustainable motivated leadership.
- In collaboration with the management determines the material and human resources to implement Company objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates regularly the proper functioning of his/her subordinates
- Reviews strategy, operational manuals and procedures to implement product development, production and maintenance plans and programs.
- Review production plan of subordinate technical divisions to ensure conformance with Company objectives and policies.
- Observes that all systems in relation to cleaner production, quality control and assurance, and customer services, are in place consistently
- Organizes the different activities of technical departments to give maximum output to the company.
- Designs systems to minimize wastage of starting materials, intermediates, bulk, finished products and utilities
- Organizes the activities of the technical departments for maximum utilization of plant capacity & manpower.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discha
rge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
- Second/First Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering or related fields
Related Work Experience
- 8/10 years relevant experience out of which 2 years in a managerial position
Other Competency Requirements
- Managerial attributes
- Strategic thinking
- Change agent
How to Apply