About the Social Enterprise:
Whiz Kids Workshop, founded in 2005, is an Ethiopian-led, innovative social enterprise that focuses on improving the lives of children and youth through educational media. We believe that mass media is the most cost-effective and immediate way to spark young imaginations and make an impact on education. We use existing research on mass-media education, new lower-cost technologies for media creation, and the wide reach of television, radio, print and cell phones to put that belief into practice. Our content covers topics that include literacy, health education, character building, and social-emotional learning to prepare children and youth for success in life.
Whiz Kids has produced three television series that inspire, engage, and empower Ethiopian youth age 3 to 18, including Involve Me, Little Investigators, Tibeb Girls, and the award winning show Tsehai Loves Learning. Tsehai Loves Learning, Ethiopia’s first international award-winning preschool educational program, and Tibeb Girls, a new animated series about three adolescent superheroes taking the audience on a fun, imaginative, and educational journey as they eagerly step up to understand and resolve the struggles girls face every day are the two major brands of Whiz Kids Workshop. In addition, Whiz Kids Workshop has published over 100 titles of children’s books in over seven mother tongue languages in Ethiopia.
Whiz Kids has won numerous international awards for its innovative, impact, and excellent quality of products. Whiz Kids has extensive experience working with local and international NGOs and works in partnership with the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health, and Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation. Visit our website at http://www.whizkidsworkshop.com/ to learn more
About the Job:
Whiz Kids Workshop is looking for a Digital Marketing Associate to support in developing our digital marketing platform programs and activities of our rapidly growing company. She/he will help in creating and maintaining engaging content for Whiz Kids digital marketing channels. This individual will also organize Whiz Kids photography and video storytelling libraries with opportunities to copy, edit, proofread and write blog stories. The digital marketer will also participate in Whiz Kids digital marketing strategy and planning process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Developing a digital marketing strategy in order to grow our online audience
· Plan and implement digital marketing campaigns, including website, email marketing, social media in order to boost our brand visibility
· Plan and run Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads, SEO campaigns in order to increase our client base
· Identify trends and insights and optimize performance based on the insights
· Work with the marketing team in developing and delivering marketing content.
· Manage our digital marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Shopify website)
· Create, update, and optimize content on our website and online shop
· Measure and make weekly reports on the performance of our digital platforms
· Use the digital analysis report to build our customer experience and touchpoints across our digital channels
· Perform other duties as assigned by the commerce department head.
· Background in marketing and related fields (ideally with a GPA of 3.0 and above)
· Experience in digital marketing – setting up and optimizing paid campaigns
· Solid knowledge of website optimizing tools like Google analytics
· Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
· Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
· Excellent knowledge of graphic design tools like Canva, illustrator etc.
· Strong analytics skills and data-driven thinking
· Ability to take self-initiative
The Ideal Candidate:
· Is analytical and forward-thinking
· HAS STRONG WRITING SKILLS in both English and Amharic
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Has great problem-solving skills
· Is hardworking and extremely organized
· Takes a data-driven approach to make business decisions.
· Fresh graduate in Marketing or Business related fields
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements shall send a cover letter, sample work, and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that: Applicants must send a sample work along with a Cover letter and CV to be considered for the position.