ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Director, Labour Market Analytics
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC), Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: October 26, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Director of the Labour Market Analytics Team is responsible for ensuring the continued growth, development and effective functioning of the team as a provider of best-in-class strategic advisory and consulting services to senior internal and external clients. He or she oversees planning and execution of a diverse portfolio of strategic and analytically focused cases, relationship-building and partnership with senior internal and external clients and stakeholders, and rapid team and staff development.
The role also involves further building out and refining of the team’s operating model, management structure, and support systems and processes, including leading the dedicated Data Management and Learning and Knowledge Management units within the team. Significant experience leading and delivering high-impact, challenging engagement for senior clients across government, private-sector, and development organizations, and building and managing high-performance teams, are therefore important prerequisites for this role. Specific experience in labour management, skill & productivity development, data management and industrial development initiatives in developing countries is desirable and has a strong passion for industry development and transformation.
The Labour Market Analytics Director is responsible for;
- Identify issues and trends that affect the quality of training interventions at the industrial park and beyond.
- Assist in identifying skill mismatches gaps and skill transfer challenges and trends that affect the future and current industrial workforce development during the Commission’s strategy and program development processes.
- Provide substantive support and advice on the implementation and monitoring of the projects that are put in place to enhance Job creation and facilitate employability in industrial parks.
- Lead policy-oriented research study in skill mismatch and skill transfer aiming at improving the skill development for future as well as current industrial workforce.
- Lead policy-oriented research study in productivity improvement nexus with workers welfare improvement.
- Manage centrally all labour market information systems (labour database management) and provide capacity building training to field staffs on fare recruitment, worker registration, allocation, staging, re-allocation, promotion, and termination using the database system.
- Supervise and manage field staffs in order them effectively utilize the database system to collect export and labour plan and generate export performance and job creation data and analyze the trends against performance.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to field staff in labour market management industrial peace, and productivity improvement and analysis, etc.
- Develop the capacities of local authorities to proactively support job seekers to have better access on available job opportunities and job placements in the industrial parks.
- Build monitoring and evaluating mechanisms on skill development interventions and capacitate field staff on how to measure impacts of interventions and provide guidance learning management mechanisms.
- Coordinates documentation and sharing of success and impact stories during learning process of skill development, skill transfer and reflection meetings/workshops across IPs.
- Coordinate and engage with potential development partners for country-based skill development, productivity improvement and labour market management programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, government representatives and other key stakeholders at the country-level, communities of practice and global stakeholders.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with Masters degree in Economics, Business Administration and Mathematics.
- At least two years of managerial experience with demonstrative effectiveness, in leading and coordinating, research and analysis of large data sets including from multiple sources.
- Understanding of investment policy and legal regime, private sector development policy and national economic development policies.
- Knowledge of analytical software.
- Experiences in leading and coordinating research and survey.
- Experience of working with development partners and development projects.
- Experience in labor market study, in an academic or think tank setting.
- Problem solver/team player with high leadership qualities.
- Highly organized and dedicated with positive attitude.
- Thrive on working in challenging environment.
- Work very well in under pressure.
- Supervise projects in professional and tactic full manner.
- Good ability to manage complex and demanding workload with good analytic skill.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.