The Ohio State Global One Health, LLC (GOHi) is a recognized non-governmental entity affiliated with the Ohio State University. GOHi LLC works as a university-wide research and training capacity building unit that focuses on issues at the human health, animal health and the interface with the environment including infectious and chemical hazards, both acute such as infectious and chronic such as cancer. GOHi LLC works with different national and international academic, research, and regulatory institutes to develop an effective, systems-based and sustainable One Health approach for early detection, prevention, and control of emerging and endemic zoonotic and multi-drug resistance (MDR) infectious diseases. GOHi LLC has its Eastern Africa regional office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with strategic activities in other locations including other sub-Saharan African countries, mainly Kenya and Tanzania.
The position holder is expected to drive project vehicles, within the city and outside the city with due respect of the office discipline. The position holder is expected to deliver result on the following activities:
- Provide transportation for the regional office, others as approved by the office.
- Follow up the driver planning and scheduling in coordination with administration assistant and/or operation office.
- Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, conduct cash purchases of office stationeries and supplies.
- Distribute mail and other messages and deliverables as needed, both incoming and outgoing
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Deliver correspondence to government and other offices
- Provide airport pickups and transportation during official visits
- Ability to fill and summarize log book data sheet considering distance traveled and fuel consumption.
- Provide disciplined transport services to project implementation area for project as per instruction and plan given from travelers.
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
Service vehicle maintenance management
- Ensure proper maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and conduct minor repairs where necessary.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Keep track of timely car insurance policy renewals
- Update monthly mileage records -Maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis
- Ensure compliance of all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions.
- Perform other activities as instructed by supervisor
Term of employment
- On contractual basis for 3 months, with possibility of renewal.
Employment start date
- March 1 2020
- GOHi Regional Office; Addis Ababa
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- Training on automotive maintenance related course desired
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving records
- At least 2 years prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Previous work experience on a development projects is desirable.
- The ability to communicate in Basic English is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through Abinet Kebede email@example.com within 5 days from the date of this announcement.
- CV with 3 references
- Letter of medical clearance
- Letter of recommendation
- High school complication certificate and others