As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 58 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children. WVE Central Regional Office has an immediate opening for a person who fulfills the following qualifications.
Purpose of the position:
Perform duties in the safe operation of a motor vehicle and reliable transportation service, as minor skilled work in the mechanical maintenance and repair of automobiles, buses and trucks and related equipment. Work is performed under general supervision and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained.
- Deliver full range transport service for organization use to ensure safe, reliable fleet to help in work on customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Observe prescribed work, safety rules and respond to service calls.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs / service: Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and change tires; change oil and filters; grease vehicle parts; inspect and replace bulbs, and Top up all fluid levels.
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance in adherence to FM policy.
- Inspect vehicles regularly, evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and light and reports any mechanical problems of vehicle to supervisor for repair /parts replacement and keep vehicle accessories counted, logo intact, functional safety tools kits and equipment.
- Maintain buses, vans, cars and work area clean, fueled and in good condition at all times.
- Maintain log books and fuel consumption records on a regular basis, Take cautious measures on keeping original keys, tools, reserve tires/rims and communicate officially when needed.
- Consistently monitor vehicle performance , submit maintenance request or advice timely and follow-up accomplishments
- Prepare monthly vehicle usage report and submit timely.
- Provide administrative support to the unit and other divisions/departments per request.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education: 12th or 10+2, TVET Diploma , 3rd grade valid driving license
- Experience: Minimum of two years of related work.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Minimum third grade driving license
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Skill in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repairs.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email with your current CV on or before the closing date of this announcement to email@example.com and or via www.ethiojobs.net
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: We do not receive hard copies