As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver community service through its 58 Area Development programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. Currently, WVE envisions a thriving organization where our improved business processes come together to transform and model organizational leadership built on sustainable practices. WVE is looking for persons who fulfill the following qualifications.
Purpose of the position
Provide leadership, coordination and technical support for the Education in Emergency /EiE/ and School Disaster and Risk Reduction/SDRR/ program of WVE. This is a critical role, leading the implementation of WVE’s EiE/SDRR projects both in IDP, refugee, returnee and development contexts. This position focuses more strategically on improving learning outcomes of children in emergency contexts. Specifically, oversees the implementation of all education project models in the emergency contexts (pre-primary, primary and secondary education), which seek to strengthen emergency crisis affected schools and community capacity to deliver quality education opportunity and improve the wellbeing of emergency crisis affected children, their families, communities in WVE response program impact areas. The position will provide a critical liaising role between World Vision Ethiopia and its partners. The EiE PM is also responsible to feed in information and coordinate with WV representative in the EiE East Africa Regional Working Group as well as with the global EiE specialist. Besides, this position leads the school disaster risk management projects and activities in order to achieve project goal and impacts the children learning in emergency crisis.
|Provide overall leadership and coordination of EiE/recovery related projects of WVE in the intervention and response areas (development program, IDP and Refugee) in accordance with the WVI EiE framework and approach and with INEE Minimum Standards for EIE.|
|· Provide technical oversight to EiE coordinators and officers in emergency crisis-affected IDP sites, refugee sites for the emergency affected children|
|· Work to ensure the effective distribution of educational supports to emergency crisis-affected children (IDP and refugee sites)|
|· Coordinate and provide technical leadership for quality response mechanism of school DRR in the regular education program and emergency contexts|
|· Oversee and supervise the implementation of EiE/recovery projects.|
|· Provide technical leadership and guidance for the timely EiE projects start-up and execution|
|· Provide induction, capacity building training, coaching and mentoring to EiE project team members on the EiE minimum standards, quality implementation of the project on and compliance requirements
· Provide induction, capacity building training, coaching and mentoring to EiE project team members on the EiE minimum standards, quality implementation of the project on and compliance requirements
· Enhance emergency project staff capacity to ensure donor compliance and WVE grant minimum standards
· Provide emergency response program required training such as INEE minimum standard, conflict-sensitive education and core humanitarian standard and sphere project for project quality and accountability
· Equip and guide EiE projects’ team for strengthening partnerships with key stakeholders (regional education cluster, IDP coordination working groups, refugee camps education clusters, and councils)
· Ensure staffing recruitment for EiE programs is in alignment with WVI global EiE competency framework
· Lead the design of EiE inclusive programs for different age groups based on needs assessed and using INEE MS and WVI EiE framework and in alignment with WVE EiE theory of change and sector strategies to identify the best approach and solution to ensure continuity of education in emergency or fragile contexts (including cash transfer modalities)
· Coordinate design and implementation with the Ministry of Education
· Work with EiE field staff and multi-sector team for assessing the situation of emergency areas and develop appropriate and quality project proposals and concept notes, promoting WVE participation in joint needs assessment exercise for the sector and coordinate data collection with education partners
· Provide leadership and strategic advice to EiE projects for EiE problems and designing EiE program in the emergency affected sites ( IDP and Refugee contexts)
· Work closely with WVE resource development team for writing quality Concept notes and proposals for emergency crisis-affected children
· Support technically and consult WVE regional offices, CPOs and APs for EiE situation analysis in their regions and timely responses
· Initiate new grant opportunities and write proposals and concept notes and scaling up the proven WVE project models in emergency contexts
· Use secondary data review to identify key gaps in education data based on INEE MS domains
· Design participation tools and accountability mechanism to actively engage parents and community in education program design, implementation, M&E, and local authorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to manage and lead a technical education and capacity building team both in development and emergency response programming
Experience in providing technical support to district-level education personnel, IDP/refugees education in emergency responses and refugee education-related camps
Ability to work with quality assurance officers, principals, teachers, and volunteers in education
Ability & interest to relate positively to emergency crisis-affected children, staff and parents.
Experience and skills in preparing instructional and training materials appropriate to the needs and interests of children, teachers, supervisors, principals, and education personnel especially in emergency contexts
Ability to implement community participation strategy in the improvement of basic education and EiE
Strong skills in networking with education sector stakeholders in the country as well as other network of educators or organizations quality education portfolio of WVE
Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and verbally with people in representing WVE
Fluent in both written and spoken English and Amharic.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
· 8 years in educational practice or equivalent/ NGOs experience 2-5years in Emergency contexts
· Knowledge on early childhood, disadvantaged children, EiE formal and/or vocational education programming, designing, implementing and evaluating education in development and emergency contexts
· Team-builder and team-player
· Strong background in educational planning and management/leadership, pedagogy and/or innovating development and emergency response management
· Master’s Degree in Education or Pedagogy.
· Experience in instructional approaches, material development, instructional toolkit preparation, current classrooms organization, INNE minimum standards, and conflict-sensitive education
· Experience in developing a sound proposal and concept notes
· Knowledge of resource mobilization
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: WVE Head office-based with frequent travel to the project sites
Work Place: Addis Ababa Head Office frequent travel to Field
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to email@example.com
World Vision Ethiopia is a child-focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.