- Provide orientation about environmental issues and effects of climate change
- Ensure that all the environmental component of the project in Bugna Woreda and surrounding communities implemented according to LWF policies and donor and government agreements,
- Co-ordinate, develop and perform the environmental protection activities of the project
- Delivery program linked to LWF project in the Bugna Woreda entitled “Building Climate Resilient Community”. specifically carry out technical, administrative and communication tasks associated with the project activity and delivery project,
- Provide technical guidance in implementing the project interventions aim to build climate resilient community and the surrounding areas/kebeles of Bugna Woreda
- Plan, coordinate and monitor environmental activities with the relevant stakeholders- communities and government bodies,
- Identify capacity gaps and provide technical support to target beneficiaries of the climate change adaptation. Promote use of environment friendly inputs for improved agronomic practices,
- Develop materials for awareness rising and conduct training for the community on environmental matter
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi annually and annual reports on environmental component of the project;
- Undertake community mobilization and regular monitoring and evaluation of the project and reporting to the Team Leader;
- Undertake LWF representation with Government, Partners and officials around the project area and with regards to climate change and environmental issues;
- Carry out environmental, social feasibility Assessment in collaboration with the project officers and relevant sector offices;
- Organize and train the beneficiaries on renewable energy technologies;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Team Leader;
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Bachelor or Masters in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related fields or relevant disciplines from recognized universality.
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for Bachelor degree and 1 years for Masters Degree.
- Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
- Ability to interact with people
- Previous related experience in NGO setup is advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
LWF Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF Ethiopia considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.