The incumbent provides professional-level administrative, operational and policy services and provides direct administrative support to the Programs senior leadership of Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia (consisting of Country Director (CD), Deputy Country Director (DCD) and Senior Program Manager (SPM)); which may involve highly sensitive and/or confidential matters. Using independent judgment, tact and discretion for successful performance of the work is essential, as responsibilities may include resolution of internal management, policy and operational challenges.
I. Executive Support
- Manages Country Director and Deputy Country Director Calendars. Keeps calendars up-to-date to accurately reflect future and history. Assists with workflow and organization of the CD/DCD office. Screens CD/DCD incoming calls and departmental call overflow, responding independently as needed
- Prepares and maintains records such as agendas, notices, and reports. Maintains correspondence files from other departments and from outside sources. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other confidential documents
- Assists with administrative tasks and special projects to support senior managers as directed.
- Informs CD/DCD of pending issues and pertinent correspondence, both inter- or intra-departmentally, especially while traveling. Handles issues and follow-up as directed in appropriate and timely manner.
- Prepares outgoing mail, faxes, and orders supplies as required. Opens and routes incoming mail for department. Prepares memoranda and administrative communications to managers and employees as needed.
- Relieves the CD/DCD of day-to-day administrative detail; coordinates the flow of information to the Director’s office as required for policy and operational decisions.
- Assists in analyzing budget reports, notifying the CD/DCD of any concerns or issues. Also assists in yearly budget preparations.
- Makes preparations for meetings, schedules events with Facilities, handles follow-up. Arranges after meetings scheduling of meeting rooms and training center.
- Acts as contact person for other departments. Responsible for tracking follow-through and ensuring follow-up with departments as needed.
- Researches and coordinates special projects as requested by CD/DCD.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, periodic and special reports, informational publications, policies, procedures and other written materials; maintains accurate records and files related to work performed.
- Assists with expatriate Visa processing if requested (drafting memoranda, submitting letters, etc)
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
II. Government Liaison Operational Support
- As assigned, liaise with relevant federal and regional government offices on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse. Build an understanding of legal process that will affect the operations of the organization.
- Lead in work permit processing, paper work compilation, and ensure the office is kept informed of any changes in regulations that affect the smooth processing of work permits.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing leadership team travels with Base Officer
- Provide general support to visitors in collaboration with Base Officer
- Organize and maintain contact lists provided by the Receptionist
- Support the program managers and field supervisors with all operational needs
- Provide support for the programs team and employees on project sites
- Extend guidance to the team on operational requirements
- Facilitates inter-departmental coordination of operation, travel, and outreach plans.
III. Program Support
- Being a key point of contact of Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia to provide information required by partners and Government agencies
- Work with the programs team in coordinating the CD/DCD’s vision and goal
- Assist delivery of programs and support projects through the organization’s overall structure.
- Co-ordinate the filing and update of business documentation
- Prepare report tracker and follow-up the delivery
Education / Experience Needed
Minimum of Bachelor degree in any social science field and five to seven years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferable experience in the international NGO or International Business sector.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than October 24, 2020. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ”Executive Support and Government Liaison ”.