Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans, organizes, implements and controls export of the company.
· Directs the expedition of export correspondence, credit collections as well as bid requests.
· Oversees the products to meet foreign standards and specifications.
· Ensures that such shipping details as export licensing, product routing, shipping, packing as well as customs declarations are organized well.
· Maintains information about licenses and tariffs, as well as restrictions.
· Identifies and develops new initiatives to improve the range and quality of the products and services provided by the company and to ensure responsiveness to changes in the external environment;
· Develops and implements all necessary commercial policies and procedures to ensure the effective promotion and marketing of the company and to meet business objectives.
· Directs foreign sales and service outlets of the company: negotiates contracts with foreign sales and distribution centers to establish outlets.
· Develops and maintains effective communications with new and existing customers to negotiate contracts that contribute to corporate objectives.
· Develops and maintains effective communications with staff of the division to keep them aware of the company’s delivery capabilities and to inform them of new business development.
· Promotes and represents the interests of the company at senior levels, including to governmental institutions, key customers, suppliers and commercial and trade organizations.
· Maintains records of products, code numbers, designs, pictures and specifications of all the items exported by the company.
· Works with the other departments to monitor the sales performance of competitors to ensure that the company maintains and develops its competitive position.
· Directs, leads, guides, supports and controls the staff responsible to him/her to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all export targets and carry-out their responsibilities to the required standards.
· Identifies the training needs of the employees in the operation and recommends the type of training that has to be given.
· Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring and annual performance appraisals.
· Prepares and submits periodical reports on the activities of the operation.
· Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
. Qualifications & Experience
· 10 Years for B.A. degree relevant work experience out of which 2 years in export related business
· Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
· Ability to provide leadership, communicates effectively, and promotes a team approach.
- Able to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form.
- Able to adjust to fast changing business conditions and is always result oriented.
- Knowledgeable about export administration regulations as well as the international traffic in arms regulations.
- Ability to identify major international clients to generate stable sales and prepare costing to offer prices to customers.
- Extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who fulfill the above requirements should send a non-returnable application, CV and relevant documents stating the position and place of work s/he applied for through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Specify the place you are applying and the position in the subject of your e-mail. ; ” Application for ” Export Manager”