Offer after sales technical support and solutions and in particular carryout preventive maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting repairs, overhauls and offer technical support to customers both in the field and in the workshop as per the set standards in a professional manners
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carryout preventive maintenance on machines and generators as assigned by the field service supervisor as specified in the maintenance practises for the specified machine found in the manuals.
- Advice the client on good maintenance practices for the machine and document all the additional opportunities found on equipment found on customer sites for follow up by the PSSR and the field service supervisor as incremental business.
- Be able to us in troubleshooting and record all the parameters found on the equipment ECM for reference when required as well as be able to interpret the same. If new software is required, must be able to get and use the latest software as specified
- Be in a position to generate good reports which covers all areas of the repair or inspections which can easily be interpreted and used by the customer, service administrators and all enable for correct costing for the jobs. Report captures – equipment details, hours, SIMS reporting, cause of failure and probable cause and the remedy or solution adopted. The final result has to also be specified, all travel details including hours spent and mileage covered in every area. The reports must be duly signed by the client.
- Be able to research on challenges faced while on the field using available technical resources and contacts and escalate or advice the trainees, field service supervisor and service operations manager and also the training manager on the best practises and training needs if a gap is noticed.
- Mentor and coach young engineers/technicians and also fellow engineers on best practices on all the areas of the business.
- Carry out on job training and monitor the progress of young engineers/technicians then advice management accordingly.
- Keep the tools and vehicles assigned to them from time to time in good condition and also notify the field service supervisor and procurement team if there is any repairs needed and assist in getting competitive costs.
- Identify all the items required for any repairs after any visits or inspections with a broad view on completing the task so that no variations are noticed later.
- May be required to learn and develop skills on field service operations so that they can be in a position to execute the tasks from time to time for purposes of succession planning.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
|Key Performance Indicator||Measurement|
|Delivery period against each set timelines||
Time against set standards
|Accuracy issuing of quotation||Deviation allowed 5 – 10% below or above realistic quotes|
|Reporting||Against set report checklist including summary|
|Parts return||Unused||Within 1 day from completion of job|
|Core||Same day used & in original package|
|Health & safety||No oil spills, proper PPE, safe & tidy environment|
|Vehicles||Tidiness, fuel consumption, maintenance|
|Use of the company resources/literature||Reports, ECM (Elec control module) data/download – as evidence|
|Absences/lateness||As captured in reporting and attendance registers|
- BSc mechanical/Electrical engineering or in an Engineering related discipline..
- Minimum of 3 years service working experience in an earthmoving equipment industry
- Or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years hands on experience
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Honesty and discretion
- Ability to speak and write technical English
- Good time keeping
- Willing to work according to the needs of the business
- Self starter
- Proactive employee
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.