The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Finance and Administrative Assistant, based in Jijiga.
- Establishes and ensures an appropriate bookkeeping with appropriate supporting documents and ensures that the vouchers are duly stamped, approved and signed, checks account balances.
- Prepares and posts accounting entries on regular basis, ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures, performs regular integrity checks of accounting entries and account balances.
- Prepares and follows-up bank payments, cash collection, performs payments in cash against validated invoices and signed vouchers, reconciles balances, carries out daily cash count and reconciliation.
- Oversees the daily management and maintenance of office / residential premises, and equipment.
- Accountable for maintaining an adequate passive security setup in line with ICRC’s guidelines.
- Ensures accommodation of the ICRC staff and guests in hotels and ICRC guesthouse/residences.
- Coordinates the housekeeping team/gardener, carries out regular checks on cleanliness and hygiene, and proposes improvements.
- Maintains a network of technical experts on premises matters and refers to specialists whenever needed.
- Orders or purchases any necessary material and supplies, in coordination with logistics staff, and maintains related stock of cleaning/maintenance material and a good use of resources.
- Responsible for the bordereau sending/receiving/distribution.
- Independently drafts and finalizes correspondence for finance and administration unit, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; shares information among users.
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provides support to other departments when necessary.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or human resources, Logistics or similar field.
- Very good knowledge of the socio-political environment of the country, especially the southern states.
- 3 years confirmed practical experience in finance, management or human resources, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling and Logistics.
- Driving license (manual transmission)
- Very good command of Somali and English language, spoken and written (Amharic is an asset).
- Expert level in computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Leadership, Accountability, People management, Team work & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Jijiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date for application: October 30th, 2020
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.