- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Leadership Team
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Accounting & Finance functions of the organization
- Mentor and develop the accounting and finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Make sure the company has adequate internal controls, costing and play vital role in price determination
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop financial strategies and shape the strategies with overall company strategy
- Provide strategic financial recommendations based on financial analysis, projections, and revenue/expense analysis
- Develop and oversee effective implementation of Company financial policies and procedures and ensure relevant government regulations are understood and duly observed by all concerned.
- Develop and promote a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the Company.
- Able to understand and implement Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present periodic financial budgeting reports including profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow analysis.
- Review and analyze periodic financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain periodic operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of financial reports, budgets and projections, and provide advice and analysis for senior management and other managers.
- Review the policies and procedures to enable financial statement preparation and compliance with all required financial audits.
- Establish efficient workflows and business processes to meet the need of financial information of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Define annual financial performance target, financial indicators, performance targets, and monitor and evaluate accordingly in collaboration with senior management.
- Able to understand Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external
- Follow up compliance with tax and other regulatory and prudential requirements and guidelines and ensure timely and accurate payment of all tax and pension obligations to the concerned authorities.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and related fields
- ACCA/CPA is a plus
- 8+ years total accounting or finance experience with 3 years minimum experience as a CFO in a large company, FMCG experience is a plus
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of IFRS and Ethiopian tax law
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skill
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send scanned copies of their CV, application letter, 2 professional references; including the professional relationship with the person, the person’s telephone number and if possible, an email address and other supporting documents.
Only Qualified candidates who meet the required experience & qualifications for this position can apply through ethiojobs.net or firstname.lastname@example.org