RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS :
- Maintains financial records, inspects and receive financial documents of FGAE organize and file properly.
- Code and encode payments, collections, beginning account balances, and verify the accuracy of the entries to the computer.
- Monitor advance payments; ensure that they are settled timely with the necessary supporting documents,
- Control bank account balances and report when the balance is low so as to take the necessary action before checks are written.
- Verify check payments, handle checkbooks and vouchers with due care and in safety place;
- Prepare financial reports; organize the supporting documents in the manner required;
- Regularly update the charts of account for online accounting database, maintain backups, and administer the database;
- Ensure that financial management of the FGAE is in accordance with the general financial rules and gives advice and assistance in setting up systematic financial systems;
- Undertake regular and surprise cash on hand check and count, report on the finding, recommend possible remedial action in case of violation of petty cash rules;
- Provides Technical Assistant and supportive supervision to work unit of the Area office finance Team and ensure the Financial Health of the Area office;
- Providers technical Assistance and guidance to Work Units Finance Team, project focal point etc
- Undertakes other related activities as instructed by his/her immediate supervisor.
MBA/MSC/BA in Accounting or Finance
2 Years for MBA/MSc or 4 years for BA after graduating shall possess an Extensive experiences in similar position in an NGO sector or donor funded project.
Knowledge and ability to use accounting software and producing analytical financial reports. Computer skill in relevant software desired
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable applications by indicating the position for which you are applied on the subject line, updated CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents with in 10 calendar days of this announcement to the following address:
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia Eastern Area Office
Finance and Admin Service
P.O. Box: 981, Fax 0256667330, Tel. 025666723
Apply through ethiojobs.net
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.