The Oromia Pastoralist Association (OPA) is a Community Based, non-government and non-profit organization established in 2006 by pastoralist community representatives from Oromia region with the aim to encourage participation and decision-making of pastoralists in policy processes affecting their lives and livelihoods and address the chronic levels of poverty and vulnerability faced by the most-at risk community groups.
OPA would like to employ interested and qualified candidates for the vacant positions specified below for the Resilient Community (RC) Program: Developing Inclusive and Profitable Dairy Value Chains for Pastoralist Community in Moyale Woreda, Oromia Region. Therefore, interested and qualified individuals can apply Finance Officer position.
Position Description/Summary: Under direct supervision of OPA Administration and Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will take charge of the financial health of our organization by controlling accounting operations to meet legal requirements. The candidate for this position needs to demonstrate an interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable, Prepare balance sheets,
- Process invoice, reconcile bank statements and Keep accurate records for all daily transaction.
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial report and Participate in financial audits,
- Assist with budget preparation, Participates in regular budget and growth strategy meetings with other
types offinanc ialstaff, as well as the finance and administration Manager.
- Ensure timely documentation of all relevant financial data
- Perform other duties as per directed by OPA Administration and Finance Manager
Required number: One
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with occasional travel to project areas.
Terms of Employment: Ten months (with the possibility of extension)
Education and Work Experience Required:
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields
- At least 6 years’ work experience as a Finance Officer or related position
- Additional certification/training on Financial principles and Software is an asset
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software and Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills and Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, and advanced MS Excel skills
- Good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Afan Oromo languages
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their completed application consisting non-returnable letter of application, recently updated CV, and copies of credentials to any of the addresses described below. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration.
In Person to: OPA head Office, Addis Ababa, Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda o4, house number 029, Behind tele Gurage, telephone +251 118 96 02 32, Addis Ababa
OPA Filed Office, Yabello, Infront of Yabello pastoralist TVET Collage,
Tele: +251464461457 Or
CIFA Project coordination office in Moyale town,
Female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Our Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection and safeguarding. To support these individuals hired as staff are expected to sign Staff Behavior Protocols and Declaration of Commitment on Safeguarding and other organizational policies.
Short-listed applicants will be requested to participate in an interview and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.