- Financial running of the department
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly Cash flow forecasting and advice to management on requirements.
- Review daily cash balances and payments to monitor usage of cash resources.
- Ensure petty cash controls are adhered to.
- Verification of petty cash expenditure and approval as per set authority schedule.
Supplier Relationships Management:
- Ensure the business obtains the best credit terms (Limit /Period) from its suppliers.
- Review of suggested payment list in line with cash flow management.
- Ensure that internal controls relating to the supply chain (from order requisition to payment to supplier) are followed.
Withholding Tax Returns
- Ensure Income Tax legislation in regards to Withholding Tax is followed.
- Ensure the Monthly Withholding Tax Returns and Payments are done promptly.
- Prepare year end Withholding Tax Return.
Tax and statutory audit.
- Ensure that quarterly tax returns and payments of installment are made on a timely basis,
- Ensure that tax legislation and company as well as statutory accounting policies are followed.
Company Insurance Matters
- Liaise with the Head of Finance and ensure that all company assets are properly covered against all insurable risks at all times,
- Receive and process details of all insurance claims and communicate to the insurance brokers on an ongoing basis,
- Plan periodical review meetings with insurance brokers to review covers taken and outstanding claims,
- Plan annual meeting in the month of November to discuss the insurance renewals for the coming year.
Maintenance of Ledger accounts:
- Open new accounts and ensure that any changes in the chart of accounts are updated to the main system and properly communicated to the other accounts staff,
- Ensure any mapping between eCODA and Manpro systems is done,
- Ensure any document in error log is cleared and follow up to ensure the error is rectified.
Supervision and on the job training of reports to
- Ensure that on a day to day basis the direct reports are performing their duties to the required standards.
- Ensure that the direct reports get appropriate on – the – job training to increase knowledge and understanding of responsibilities.
- Carry out end of year performance management process and PDP for the team.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- Departmental heads,
- Sales function heads
- All territory employees
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA with CIA and CISA certifications
- At least 7 experience 5 of which must be heading a finance role in a similar setup
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Micro soft office applications
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Strategic awareness
- Ability to administer to a multidisciplinary workforce
- Honesty and discretion
- Ability to speak and write English
- Numerate and with strong finacial analysis acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.