Population Health and Environment Ethiopia Consortium (PHE-EC) is a non- governmental non-for-profit organization established in 2008. The consortium was established with a vision “to see Ethiopia with a sustainable use of resources, resilient ecosystems, sustainable livelihoods, and a healthy population”. The organization has also a mission “to contribute to sustainable development in Ethiopia by promoting and enhancing the integration of population, health and environment through multi-sectorial approaches”.
Currently PHE-EC is looking for qualified and high caliber person for the position of Gender Advisor that meets the requirements listed below. The Gender Advisor will be responsible to provide overall guidance and technical support for inclusion of gender issues into the different interventions of the consortium.
Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Gender Advisor coordinates and ensures efficient and effective integration and inclusion of gender and social issues into the different project and programmatic actions. He/she will also be responsible to develop appropriate mechanisms and systems for gender integration and tracking of tangible results towards comprehensive and a just societal development.
- Advise and provide the necessary support to each of the programs and projects in addressing gender issues
- Develop an updated and live organizational gender mainstreaming manuals and tailored gender training manuals that will be useful to the different contexts
- Conduct gender analysis and provide technical support in the integration and development of gender sensitive programs and projects
- Work closely with other program and project staff to conduct gender analysis and provide tailored trainings to different stakeholders
- Strengthen partnership and networking with other partners and donors and work generate funds in the areas of gender
- With advice and collaboration to M&E expert, conduct monitoring and evaluation of gender mainstreaming actions, document best practices and pre[are for use to the wider stakeholders and policy advocacy activities
- Actively engage in any gender related forums
- Executive Director
Required qualification, experience, knowledge and skills
- MSc in Gender, Development Economics, Development Studies, Sociology and other related social science field with combined sound experiences
- Minimum five years of proven experiences with MSc qualification
- Practical experiences of coordination in a consortium implementation
- Computer literacy; Ms Word, Power Point, Excel, internet usage, etc…
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills of Amharic and English languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skill and team player
- Experience of reporting to donors and government
- Experience working in multi-sector environment, health and social/gender integration programs
- Able to work under stress and delivering results timely
- Self initiator and undertake duties with little supervision
- Skilled and experienced in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data across sector
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged
How to Apply
Any interested and qualified applicants are required to submit their application, CV and the filled PHEEC’s application format that can be accessed from this link http://www.phe-ethiopia.org/pdf/CV_Format.docx
Applicants should submit their application/cover letter, CV and filled application format within 10 working days using the e-mail: email@example.com or hand delivery at our office PHE EC head office located at Addis Ababa around Bole brass, ABCO building 3rd floor. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PHE ETHIOPIA CONSORTIUM provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of his/her race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as or in accordance with applicable local laws.