Veritas Veritas Consulting is a multi-sector Ethiopia-focused management consultancy firm that advises private, development, and private sector facing public institutions. The current thrust of our work is focused on renewable energy and agriculture sectors. Veritas currently seeks one short-term Gender Expert to support our current engagement in renewable energy and agriculture.
Term of Engagement: 3 – 6 months
Working Hours: Regular
Open position: One
About the position
Veritas is working with various funders and public institutions to accelerate the provision of electricity to promote agriculture sector growth in concert with the expanded provision of power to rural communities. This work has required both the study of specific value chains and the public, private, and development sector interventions that support them.
For this position, Veritas seeks a seasoned gender expert with experience in cross-cutting efforts to enhance gender equity in the agriculture sector.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Assess gender sensitivities across selected public, development, and private sector initiatives
- Conduct a ‘gender-gap’ assessment to identify key areas that could benefit from greater intervention
- Identify rural women’s role in key economic activities, their status economically, and their participation in decision making
- Support market research on women’s energy needs in terms of household or business activities and social services
- Coordinate with Veritas energy and agriculture team to map opportunities that enhance the productive uses of energy for women’s rural economic activity
- Master’s Degree in economics, sociology, gender, development studies, or other related fields
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience working with public and development partners on cross-cutting gender interventions in the agriculture sector
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and analysis in agriculture projects
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Dynamic and willing to learn new concepts and skills
- Team player but equally able to work independently
- Fluent English and Amharic in both reading writing skills
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a maximum of 3 page CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs beyond this page limit will not be considered.
Please clearly write the position you are applying for on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted