MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK
• In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
• Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
• Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health-related issues
• Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF‘s medical and non-medical staff
• Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
• Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
• Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
• Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru. We are targeting an HC Darme as a core facility with 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital.
The CE-HP supervisor Manage and support the preparation, implementation and monitoring of CE and HP strategy
General objective: Provide supervision and direction to HEWs in CR and HP activities including coaching and providing support to HP officers and HEW as needed
· Ensure the highest level of planning and implementation of community assessemnt , KAP survey and routine community engagement and HP activities.
· Prepare a project-specific plan of social behavioral change communication and IEC activities
· Prepare a monthly work-plan of activities in support CE/HP strategy adapted to the need of population and the program
· In collaboration with set up of community surveillance (Health screening) system in Sababoru where MSF starts activities, with focus on assessing nutrition status, mortality, common diseases, and population movement (in and out movement).
· Ensure quality implementation of IEC activities (especially group meetings, rallies, worshiping place announcements, Home visit) and other persuasive communication techniques
· Creates a network platform and Mobilizing faith/religious leaders, volunteers (especially women) and influential and informal leaders.
Activities and CE-HP superivisor set up:
· Encourage and motivate HP officers and HEWs to improve their performance, Regular training (Theoretical and on job training with simulation methodology) and data collection for monitoring and evaluating the outreach component of the project.
· Support the HEW/CHW by using new technology (using tablets/Telephones) for service delivery (community case management, patient records, referrals/feedbacks/backward referrals etc..), monitoring of vital events (change in the context, outbreak of violence etc.) and disease surveillance including verbal autopsies to determine cause of death, burden of diseases such as acute malnutrition and malaria, and coverage levels of essential interventions such as immunization coverage, skilled delivery etc
· Support the Outreach MAM in developping and applying the DMC (Decentralized Model of Care) to improve access bringing health care closer to the community and ensuring the continuation of care from health facilities to the community, family, and individuals.
· Together with the Clinical Officer Supervisor, Defining and updating the outreach prevention activities strategy and outreach primary health care clinical strategy in collaboration with the outreach MAM
· Assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors), Identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities results and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities.
· Supervising the outreach activities, IEC/HP team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project (including the HEWs). This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager and project coordinator and according to MSF vision, values and procedures. Ensuring that HP/IEC participates in counseling services when needed, specially including Prevention of malnutrition, malaria, diarrhea and Respiratory Tract Infection.
· Together with the Clinical Supervisor, Ensure the referral system (from the HEWs in the community to Health Facilities) is respected according to the criteria established.
· Be proactive identifying the problems, proposing solutions to the PMR and implementing the agreed measures. Any case of absenteesm or bad performance of the staff under your supervision must be reported and adressed properly.
· Develop HP materials and tools focused on community engagement and involvement in the identification of pregnant women, lactating women, children under 5 with malnutrition, diarrhea, respiratory tract infections.
Establish together with the HP Activity Manager and Outreach MAM a decentralized model of care through community-based health service delivery focused on Health promotion (Health education, Health surveillance, Prevention, community Mobilization, community engagement, Promotion of MSF services, Water-Guard, etc,), Screening Malnutrition (Children under five, Active case finding and referral, Birth registering, Mortality surveillance, monitoring of population dynamic, Identification and detection of danger signs and referrals to primary HC or centralized centre depending on the condition of the patients.
|Education||Essential diploma in social sciences or education, or Medical anthropology work (OCBA)|
|Experience||3 years Essential working experience in health promotion activities, social behavioral change communication,|
|Languages||Mission language and local language essential|
|Knowledge||Desirable basic computer skills|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) via Ethiojobs OR by email to email@example.com OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or TeshomeTADESSE .
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 9th of April 2021
Closing date: 15th of April 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.