MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Carrying out medical data collection and entry activities into the mission database recording all relevant clinical and demographic data on patients and ensuring data quality/reliability, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the medical team in order to support decision making processes
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Performing data entry of all epidemiological information into select databases program and creating appropriate reports, providing data for project development purposes.
• Ensuring that all data entered has been authorized and that appropriate documentation has been received (patient records, treatment monitoring, etc.). Ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete. Being responsible for ensuring that quality control queries of the database are followed up, ensuring identification of data entry errors and corrections. Immediately reporting to the supervisor, any anomalies in the database
• Filing documents according to MSF standards
• Communicating regularly with the HEWs/HCW’s, assisting in the (re)training when necessary, on proper registration of patients, proper filling of the various forms, clarifying queries, obtaining missing information and correcting errors, ensuring they have ongoing sufficient supplies of necessary hardcopy data collection forms
Assisting in the compilation and preparation of regular reports and providing detailed information to medical and laboratory teams (weekly, monthly, according to patient treatment requirements).
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru. We are targeting an HC Darme as a core facility with 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital.
The data processing officer will work with the epidemiologist in the data management of the project (from outreach activities and Darme health center activities).
• In collaboration with the team supervisors/ Managers, ensure the good quality of the data collected in all the Project activities, providing technical support to the teams in case of need.
• In collaboration with the team supervisors/Managers, ensure that all the Project databases (MH, SGBV and Medical consultations) are up to date
• Ensure that all the data are entered in the HMIS and weekly data synchronization and MH exportation are done
• Assist the PMR, Activity Managers and team supervisors in the compilation and preparation of internal reports, according to the Project reporting system and schedule
In case of need/request, train external stakeholders on the main tools to collect, manage and analyse medical data, also with focus on advocacy purposes
|Education||Essential, higher education with proven computer literacy, degree in Information and Technology (IT) or mathematics field, desirable|
|Experience||Minimum 2 years work experience in data entry/analysis|
|Languages||Mission language and local language essential|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) via Ethiojobs OR by email to email@example.com OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE .
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 9th of April 2021
Closing date: 15th of April 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.