MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
• Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
• Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
• Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
• Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analyzing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
• Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
• Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
• Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru. We are targeting an HC Darme as a core facility with 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital.
The Pharmacy supervisor will be responsible for the Project pharmacy in collaboration with the Nursing Activity Manger at the project level
· In cooperation with the Nursing Activity Manager (NAM), assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
· In collaboration with the NAM and PMR, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
· In cooperation with the NAM and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
· Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the NAM/MAM Hospital/MAM Outreach and Midwife Activity Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
· Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
· Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
· Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
· Prepare monthly project orders as well as emergency orders based on consumption at the level of the Health Center and at the community level.
· Together with the medical team outreach, participate in the supervision ensuring competence in community case management, record keeping, stock management by the HEWs.
· Visit regularly each outreach workers and periodically once a month each outreach public health facility (Dire Sapansa Lotulu, Utlulu, Qanticha) for supervision and support.
Ensuring the supply of the medications and medical supplies for all the DMC activities on weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on the context and weather conditions in by road and provision of trainings on topic chosen according to the major problems identified during the supervision (drug consumption and order, data collection and storage).
|Education||Essential, degree of pharmacy management or nursing related studies., or medical profile|
|Experience||• Essential 3 years of previous experience in Managing Pharmacy. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
• Minimum three years professional experience in implementing and supervising community health volunteers and community mobilization projects
• Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
|Languages||Mission language essential; local working language would be an asset|
|Knowledge||• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) via Ethiojobs OR by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE .
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 9th of April 2021
Closing date: 15th of April 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.