The Population Health and Environment Ethiopia Consortium (PHE EC), is an Ethiopian non-Governmental organization established in 2008, based in Addis Ababa is seeking to recruit well caliber and experienced candidate for the position of Health program coordinator. The Health Program Coordinator under the supervision of the Executive Director will be responsible for providing management and technical assistance in day to day implementation of PHE Ethiopia Consortium’s activities in advocacy, research, communication, capacity building and networking activities. The coordinator will be primarily responsible for ensuring the achievement of PHE integration related specific project on health in PHE approach and PHE integration project areas. The Coordinator is expected to carryout routine activity planning and implementation of field level activities; coordinate and monitor/supervise timely implementation of all health related program/project activities. He/She will be responsible for conducting regular site visits, and provide technical assistance including coaching to health PHE integration activities with members and partners. She/he will be responsible for health project proposal writing for fund raising and assist in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports to the secretariat office, and Agency.
- Design and lead implementation and policy level interventions and partnerships of PHE EC health objectives in line to SDGs, Agenda 2063, GTPs, HSTP and the organizations strategy, with member and partner organizations.
- Develop and deliver Health related capacity building trainings for members, communities and partner organizations and develop manuals and tools when needed
- Provide over all assistance in the development of detail health intervention activities to PHE integration approach in the programs and projects.
- Follow up sessions and participate in all health and population related meetings, W/shops, trainings, forums and health platforms conducted by all PHE EC stakeholders: government, partners and members by representing PHE EC.
- Identify lessons learned and potential best practices related to Health integration, develop, documentation and dissemination of best practices.
- Assist PHE integration sites in meeting quality standards by providing training, training follow-up visits, clear performance feedback and technical support as needed, particularly in the area of reproductive health, family Planning and public health etc. related issues.
- Assist in establishing/strengthening partnership and enhancing collaboration with government, donors and among members, partners, local and international stakeholders on Health related issues.
- Design and lead implementation of Health program activities
- Carry out other PHE Ethiopia Consortium’s assignments as may be required and as directed by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation Health activities of PHE-EC.
- Executive Director
- One year with possible extension
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Msc./Bsc. degree in public health, health officer and related fields, and
- Has at least 5 years (Msc.) and 7years (Bsc.) of practical experience in managing projects/programs related to population and health, 2 years of which should be in leading teams or projects.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Organize and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partner organizations to facilitate the provision of support
- Excellent communication in English language both written and oral, report writing and documentation skill.
- Has the experience of working in multi-cultural environment and local communities.
- Has the ability to synthesize and analyze information critically.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft word, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Database Software’s and Social Media tools such as Face book, LinkedIn, telegram, and Twitter for the benefit of the work.
How to Apply
Any interested and qualified applicants are required to submit their application, CV and the filled PHEEC’s application format that can be accessed from this link
Applicants should submit their application/cover letter, CV and filled application format within 10 working days using the e-mail: email@example.com or hand delivery at our PHE EC head office located at Addis Ababa around Bole brass hospital , ABCO building 3rd floor. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.