About Paradise Valley College
Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The college is located 250 kilometers, southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, Shashemene Town.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
PVC is looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professionals and competent employees for the above positions:
Required Number: 1 (One)
Accountable to: College Admin
Location: PVC Head Office, Shashemene, Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities
A human resource manager is responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized. Therefore, his or her essential job responsibilities include:
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to the employees of the college.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department.
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
These responsibilities involve achieving the following tasks:
- Implementing and revising the college’s compensation program
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the college’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the college’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the college’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Maintaining affirmative action programs
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all employees, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining college directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- As a supervisor, human resource manager is responsible for the oversight of all employees in the HR department, which includes performance management of HR employees.
- Master’s Degree and above
- Three (3) years and above in similar
- He or she is excellent in:
- strategic thinking,
- interpersonal, and
- ethical conduct skills
How to Apply
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Application due date: Qualified and interested applicants can apply within 10 days from the day of this vacancy announced.
Interested candidates should send their brief job application enclosed with a cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.comOther related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.
Send the hard copies of the mentioned requirements to the following address:
Paradise Valley College (PVC)
Shashemene Campus, Human Resource Office
04 Kebele, Near Tekelehaymanot Church,
P.O. Box: 499, Shashemene