Purpose of role
The purpose of the Internal Sales Representative is to effectively execute their territory sales plan, championing customer success and meeting the sales target through the sales of products and services within their assigned product portfolio and customer territory.
The Internal Sales Representative will liaise with small sized prospects and customers, building and maintaining relationships via the telephone. The ISR will typically manage sales territories with between 1000 and 1,200 customers and will be responsible for delivering sales revenue targets in excess of $750k, as directed by the ISR Manager.
- Deliver sales target through the sale of products and services
- Ensure coverage to customers meets guidelines, both in terms of frequency and number of calls
- Establish strong relationship with all decision makers, influencers and blockers within assigned customers
- Understand customers businesses and key needs
- Differentiate against competitors
- Participate at all opportunities within assigned accounts
- Produce accurate sales outlook figures on a monthly basis
- Maintain customer and opportunity data in Salesforce.com
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead management. To process all leads that are assigned within 24 hours of receipt using correct outcome codes.
- Ensure that accounts are created and all opportunities logged on Sales Force when appropriate.
- Ensures that customer and machine population are correctly recorded and timely updated in Salesforce.com.
- Ensure that contact details are up to date with telephone numbers and company information.
- Ensures that all opportunities are updated and closed using correct codes
- Ensures that minimum PAR (planned annual rate) standards for calls per customer and average 25 live customer calls per day are completed;
- Customer calls are planned daily in batches to ensure full engagement with key decision makers.
Sales Funnel Management
- Applies sales methodology to progress sales opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Commits on future sales figures based upon sales pipeline data and adequate utilization of sales methodology;
Sales Review Sessions / Self Development
- Prepares for one-to-one performance review sessions with ISR Manager, at least once a month, based upon Sales Process metrics (i.e. Sales Effectiveness Tracker)
- Utilizes both the training resources for continual self development
Contacts arising from the job
- Internal Sales Supervisor or Manager
- Internal Support Teams
- Group Sales Coverage Optimisation Manager
- Diploma or degree in a related discipline e.g. Engineering
- Diploma or degree in Sales
- Call Centre experience
- 2-3 years sales experience including proactive telephone selling
- Relevant product experience
- Sales & Marketing
- Good understanding of sales and marketing principles
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong telephone communication skills
- Ability to close sales
- Able to work on one’s own initiative
- Team player
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office, Sales Force
Additional training /Certification or membership of professional bodies
- Sales related qualifications
- Business Management
- Sales Force or CRM
- Customer Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategic Awareness
- Planning, Organising & Controlling
- Personal Development/Job knowledge & Business sense
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.