External/Internal Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Junior Researcher of Laboratory Technician.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Result 1: Contributes to the quality and timely delivery of laboratory research results by:-
· Preparing laboratory activity plan of the research project
· Securing the necessary lab resources and facilities for conducting lab activities in the research project
· Carrying out and coordinate the day-to-day laboratory operations including but not limited to sample collection & transport, bacterial culture & identification, isolate storage, run quality control other tests as necessary of the research project with frequent field visit.
· Coordinate field lab activities and ensuring quality of sample collection and transport
Result 2. Contributes to training and ensure the efficient and effective utilization of laboratory resources by:-
· Facilitate in preparing and delivery of training programs and materials for the training needs to run the research project
· Facilitate preparation and utilization of the lab research project resources
· Anticipating the research project’s material needs and requesting supplies on time
Result 3. Perform other related duties as required by:
· Preparing lab and field reports of project activities
· Preparing and submitting periodic reports on the performance of the lab activities
· Field visit and supervision of laboratory project activities during data & sample collection as necessary
· Other related responsibilities as ordered by the project leader and/or director as necessary
Educational Qualification: – BSc in Laboratory Sciences
– Minimum GPA 3.00 for male and 2.75 for female
Experience: – 0 years experience in Clinical Laboratory
· Strong interest in laboratory and field research is a requirement
· Training and/or experience in immunology is an advantage
· High personal motivation and willingness to frequent field visit
No. Required: 02 (two)
How to Apply
Application should be submitted online on ethiojobs (http://www.ethiojobs.net/) with a brief CV (maximum length 3 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 1 page, describing why you wanted to apply for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position) until January 11, 2020.
The recruitment will involve individual screening of applications, followed by interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.