External/Internal Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
A clinical trial study is undergoing to evaluate the effectiveness and efficacy of Bubble CPAP in under-five children in Ethiopia. The Stage 1 and 2 of the study is recently completed in two general and two telitiary hospitals. We are preparing to initiate the third stage in 12 hospitals in different locations in Ethiopia: Tirunesh Beijing General Hospital, Bishoftu General Hospital, Dil Chora, Woliso General Hospital (Missionary Hospital), Mekelle General Hospital, Butajira General Hospital, Worabe Specialized Hospital, Sabian General Hospital, Durame General Hospital, Motta Hospital, Fiche Hospital, Hawassa Adare General Hospital at Addis Ababa, Bishoftu, Dire Dawa, Woliso, Mekelle, Butajira, Silte, Kembata, Gojjam, Gonder and Hawassa.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Junior Researcher (Study Nurse) working under Clinical Trial Directorate for Bubble CPAP Project
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in identification of patients eligible for the study.
· Verify that inclusion criteria for patients have been met.
· Ensure screening logs are filled correctly and completely
· Assist in the consent process.
· Responsible for ensuring participant recruitment and consent is obtained appropriately
· Ensure consent forms are properly dated, signed and stored.
· Ensure the baseline CRF is complete and accurate.
· Ensure that follow up forms are filled as per the protocol and SOP
· Ensure conclusion forms are filled completely and timely.
· Ensure all the CRFs are verified by the site supervisor.
· Complete the information on the paper CRF to the Ecrf.
· Ensure proper storage of completed paper CRFs.
· Immediate notification and reporting of emergency cases (SAE and AE) to the study physician, site supervisor and PI.
· Ensure that the bubble CPAP device is constructed and functioning properly.
· Maintain subject confidentiality.
· Assist the study physicians and investigators with any clinical procedures as necessary.
· Cooperate in ensuring quality control activities in the conduct of clinical studies.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the principal investigator
BSc in Nursing, Health Officer AND Minimum GPA 3.00 for male and 2.75 for female
1. Interest in clinical research.
2. Training in GCP and/or research ethics is an advantage.
3. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before March 5, 2021
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
Number of position available: 12 (twelve) 01 in each hospital
The Duty Station is: Addis Ababa, Bishoftu, Dire Dawa, Woliso, Mekelle, Butajira, Silte, Kembata, Gojjam, Gonder, Hawassa
NB: – The duty station you are applying for must be mentioned on your CV and on the subject of your cover letter is mandatory to be screened.
– Fluent in local language spoken in and around the region is required; thus you should mention on your CV that the local language you can speak.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Employment Type: One year contract period with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.