Inter Aide France (IAF) Agriculture Programme is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced livestock production specialist/veterinarian for its Highland Project in SNNPR (Kembata-Tembaro, Hadiya and Wolayta zones). He/She will be based in Sodo with frequent field visits to Hadiya, Kembata-Tembaro & Wolayta.
Type of employment: Full-time position on contract base (one year with possible extension).
You can get the job description from the link below.
Education: Masters degree (MSc) in animal science/livestock production / veterinary science plus at least 5years of relevant job experience.
Relevant job experience: Practical experience on working to develop smallholder dairy production and value chain, experience on development project designing, implementation and management especially in smallholder dairy sector, veterinary practitioner experience within national or international, governmental or non-governmental organizations.
Experience, Interests, Knowledge & Skills:
- Relevant work experience with local smallholder dairy cattle production systems (not pastoralist)
- Good interpersonal communication skills with smallholder dairy farmers and other clients
- Extensive practical knowledge of cattle feeds and feeding systems
- Ability to work in close collaboration with the IAF expatriate livestock specialist and also independently
- Ability to plan, organize work, and report to supervisors(s)
- Must be prepared to travel regularly to the field
- Experience and capacity of providing training to project technicians and beneficiaries
- Experience of livestock value-chains, in particular, related to the dairy sector would be advantageous
- Good working knowledge of computer office tools (Word, Xl, PowerPoint, Internet etc.).
Additional useful skills/competencies: Experience with the use of or managing statistics.
Additional Requirements: Valid motor-bike driving license.
Language: Excellent written and spoken command of English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Inter Aide France kindly asks that interested candidates submit their CV and supporting documents (copies of diploma(s), work certificate(s)) plus a cover letter until the deadline (5 pm on Sunday 25th April 2021) at Inter Aide France offices in Soddo, Hosana or Hadaro offices OR by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “LIVESTOCK POST – HIGHLANDS PROJECT – FIRST NAME LAST NAME”.
In your cover letter, please state why you are applying for the post, and state all relevant strengths and experiences in relation to this post.
NB: only selected candidates will be notified for further interview and exam, phone calls are unnecessary and not welcome. All incomplete applications (i.e lacking CV or cover letter etc.) will be disregarded.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!