| JOB OPPORTUNITY
|Reference No:||REC/ 077 /21|
|Job title:||Logistics, Admin and Finance Officer|
|Location:||Somali_ (Shebelle & Warder)|
|Reports to:||Senior CMAM Programme Officer.|
|Number of Posts||2/Two/|
|Closing date:||August 10, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
The LAF Officer is responsible for administering the Logistics, Finance and Human Resources of the programme area. Provide adequate logistics functioning of the programme by taking into consideration the logistics manual application. Guarantying proper administration and finance support of the programme by applying all corresponding policies. Responsible to ensure consistent HR support and practical implementation of all tools.
– Logistics Management
– Financial Management
– Admin. and HR Management
– Employee relation
– Administration activities (Data management, Personnel Records Management, Timesheet Administration, Office and canteen Management)
– Staff Termination
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· BA/Diploma in Accounting or related field with 2/4 years’ experience in Finance in an NGO environment
· Previous logistics, finance and HR/admin experienced with NGO’s or private field
· Work experience in an NGO environment a related area. I.e. Logistics, Finance & HR/Admin or similar post.
· Has initiative; creativity and independent to perform the job properly.
· Dynamic person.
· Good communication skill both verbal and written in English and Amharic.
· Honest and know how to manage problem resolutions.
· Management skills of staff (subordinates).
· High level of accuracy, attention to details.
· Ability to deliver task on deadline.
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Understanding the nature of emergency in Humanitarian Response Programme and willing to travel and live in field site, with frequent transfer from site to site.
· Very good knowledge and application of MS-Office, especially Excel.
· Experience and knowledge of USAID/OFDA, ECHO, EHAF, Irish Aid, etc. fund management.
· Team oriented, flexible, and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
· Very good application of SAGE
· Knowledge and application of advanced excel.
· Knowledge and application of other accounting software package, Peachtree, SUN, etc.
· Strong knowledge in interpretation and application of Ethiopian Labor Law and other relevant legislations relevant to HR.
· Having Training on any HR related areas.
· Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty, and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.