All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and donor regulations
· Implement delegated logistics function portfolio according to plan of action
· Ensure proper filing of documents
· Ensure consistent Warehouse Management, Assets and Inventory Management and Fleet Management system across the country
· Produce monthly logistics analysis and report of the overall country; Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
· Conduct capacity building trainings for Logistics and Non Logistics Staff
· Conduct frequent follow up, supervision and spot checks regarding warehouse and inventory operations of area offices
· Support in the development of strategic documents for the department
· Assist the department in procurement related as technical or bid committee member
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
· Ensures that procedures outlined in the NRC Asset Management Manual are implemented in NRC Jijiga office
· Ensure proper recording and updating of asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
· Responsible for coordinating with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as acquisition price, Agresso, reference, PR , PO and GRN number etc. the asset register should be accurate and complete;
· Responsible for checking in /out NRC owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard NRC procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual;
· Ensure proper implementation of the warehouse operations in accordance with warehouse management policies and procedures of NRC
· Ensure proper documentation are kept in dealing with daily warehouse operations ie. GRNs, Stock Release Forms, Waybills
· Received the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order,
· Supervise area office Logistics clerk
· Ensure that vehicle fleet is managed in line with NRC Vehicle Management policies and local SOPs.
· Ensure that fleet data on running costs, utilization and recharging is properly recorded and checked
· Ensure that the performance of very vehicle –owned and Rent are analyzed and actions are recommended to the management for decision making
· Review Area office current fleet management practices, identify gaps and propose to management the best way to strengthening systems and tools used in Fleet Management.
· Responsible to technically recruit, manage and train Drivers
· Responsible for dealing with local authorities for annual inspection, insurances and accidents claims as well as focal point of NRC road movements planning and management
· Other duties as assigned
Administration and Office Management
· Oversee the Admin personnel in filing, preparing and keeping updated database of all admin. activities and NRC contact list;
· Manage the area office’s lease agreement and contract;
· Provide technical support and quality check for admin related procurements;
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· BA Degree in Supply Chain management, Logistics or equivalent
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Fluency in English is required (Knowledge of other local languages, Amharic and Somali is an added advantage)
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Willing to travel to remote areas, ability to work flexibly including extra hours.
· Knowledge of data management system is advantageous
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Result/output oriented attitude
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by December 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”