Starting date: ASAP
Contract Duration: Six months
CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
The post holder will perform her/his tasks and duties under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
He/she will work closely with the Logistics Coordinator and Logistics manager in order to fulfil his/her duties.
He/she collaborates with the different department supervisors.
Based in Addis Ababa, the Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting the Logistics Coordinator with day to day tasks and activities and adequate logistics support to the Ethiopian mission / Coordination, the implementation of humanitarian program, in the respect of MDM procedures and donors’ requirements:
He/She will carry out procurement, analyzing market sources, and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods, while guaranteeing best quality and pricing for MDM goods and commodities.
Support the Logistics manager on fleet, maintenance and repair, Watsan and compound management
The position will back up the Logistics manager on his absence
Manage fixed assets in coordination and the mission
Informs the Logistic manager/coordinator in case any abnormalities and problem encountered
Manages logistics activities in capital office up on the request of Log manager/Coordinator
Support in fixing, maintenance, and repairs in the capital office
- Carries out the purchases linked to the purchase requests (MR) issued by the line manager and manages the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, negotiates prices.
- Obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MDM Purchasing policy and threshold
- Collects signatures form concerned managers/coordinators according to the threshold
- Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information written in local language before approval.
- Open advances and settle them on time with the necessary supportive documents
- Track the status of any orders and update on time on their status
- Create and update a supplier contact list and a price list file
- Keep informed of the evolution of the market and of the offers of the suppliers
- Update information on purchase follow up for the mission and reconcile with the projects on regular bases and report monthly.
- Scan all purchase files and ensure an appropriate archiving in hard copies and on SharePoint
- Be transparent in all works he/she perform
- Follow the delivery schedule for goods as per instruction in the purchase contract are respected
- Ensure that all conditions agreed in the contract and/or Purchase Order have been met in terms of quality and quantity
- Organize goods movements to the fields
- Treats all claims received requesters with Logistic Coordinator and other concerned department.
- Coordinate and resolve problem with end user departments and supplier in response to quality or quantity issues.
- Up on the request of Logistics coordinator conduct filed visit and on job training for field log teams
- Support in office works when requested by Logistics coordinator
- Perform any other activities delegated by the Logistics coordinator
Importation and custom clearance
- Support the Logistic coordinator/Logistics manager in the process of customs clearance for in-coming international cargos
- Following up on arrivals of international cargos
- Following up on customs clearance procedures
- Following up on procedures for closing exportation/importation files
- Contacting the transit agent(s) and facilitate invoices for approval after authorization from the Logistics Coordinator
Education: BA commerce related studies desirable
Experience: At least more than 2 years similar working experiences on related position with other INGOs
Languages: English and Amharic essentials
- Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel)
- Good driving skill with renewed driving license
- Very good communication, negotiation and organizational skills, flexibility, versatility, attention to detail, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, quick decision-making and prompt action, open-mindedness, curiosity, openness to new ideas, creativity, smart appearance, dynamism.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should fill the form at the following link https://forms.gle/Vjc2HHmj68vz4WuG7 and send their application CV with motivation letter thorough firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Women is strongly encouraged to apply